Herbal Medicine offers solutions to treat plants. Whether it is to sleep better or as a slimming asset, herbal medicine; That is to say all medicinal plants, makes it possible to remedy everyday problems in a natural way. It is a solution that is both alternative and complementary to the treatments of classical medicine, increasingly in vogue and whose effectiveness is increasingly recognized. Here is in this article the different ways to use medicinal plants: herbal teas, powders and herbal extracts, Mother tinctures… « Medicinal plants are used to treat » minor pathologies « . From a certain point of time, it is necessary to know how to pass the hand to a health professional, a...See article
Coltsfoot - Whole flowers Pack 250 g
The advice of your pharmacist
Used for : respiratory disease
This product is no longer in stock
Warning: Last items in stock!
Availability date: 01/20/2013Preview the Shipping Fees
Free Shipping from 149€*
Coltsfoot - Whole flowers Pack 250 g
COLTSFOOT FLOWER IPHYM Herbalism Tussilago farfara L.
Latin name: Tussilago farfara L.
Common names: No donkey, coltsfoot
Used parts: Flower
Origin: Europe, Asia
Properties COLTSFOOT FLOWER
The coltsfoot flower has antitussive properties: tussilagone is stimulating breathing, increases ventilation and raises blood pressure. There is a PAF-inhibiting acether, mediator of inflammatory phenomena. It also é emollient and soothing the respiratory tract, as well as to ntispasmodique and udorifique s.
Indications and uses COLTSFOOT FLOWER
Coltsfoot flower is used in the following therapeutic indications:
- Cough, asthma, bronchitis, respiratory diseases
- Tracheitis, chronic pulmonary disease
- To fight against cough in general (including that of smoking), and to encourage bronchial expectoration.
- Inflammation of the throat in general: pharyngitis, laryngitis, hoarseness, voice extinction
- Broncho-pulmonary ailments
Cons-indications with COLTSFOOT FLOWER
- One cup contains about 1 ppm of alkaloids that are hepatotoxic, so no regular use.
Its name comes from "tussis" coughing, "ago (agere)" hunt.
The common name of "no ass" comes from the shape of the leaf blade.
Drugs Eastern and North American origin contain more toxic senecionine. Dioscorides recommended smoking.
Dosage COLTSFOOT FLOWER
- Brew-infusion: Drink 3-5 cups distributed between sunrise and sunset, to sweeten preferably with honey.
- Infusion: Drink 3 to 5 cups spread between sunrise and sunset, always preferably sweeten with honey.
Botanical description COLTSFOOT FLOWER
Coltsfoot is a small perennial plant from 8 to 30 cm high, with creeping fleshy roots and erect stems flowering fluffy long 10 to 20 cm covered with scaly red-tinged bracts.
The wide thick leaves long-stalked rosette, sinuous and jagged edge and polygonal indented at the base (recalling the hoof of an ass, hence one of its common names) are bright green on top and white cottony below.
The golden yellow flowers (which resemble those of dandelion) are solitary flower heads (one per stem) with the center tubular male flowers and female flowers around long narrow ligules.
The fruits are achenes brown silky tassel.
Pharmacology COLTSFOOT FLOWER
Active ingredients: alkaloids, mucilage, flavonoids, carotenoids, triterpenes, sesquiterpene esters
Today No. 1 in pharmaceutical herbalism, the IPHYM PHARMA & PLANTES Group is a pharmaceutical establishment created in 1972, specialized in herbal medicine.
The mission of the laboratory Iphym: the well-being of all by medicinal plants.
- An integrated Quality Assurance and Quality Control laboratory.
- Maximum safety: a responsible pharmacist ensures compliance with pharmaceutical regulations.
- Traceability: control bulletin available for all products.
- AFSSAPS certification: we are regularly controlled by the French Agency for Sanitary Safety of Health Products which validates our status as a pharmaceutical laboratory.
- GMP certification: all our production teams are trained in Good Manufacturing Practices.
The Iphym laboratories are recognized by the ANSM as a pharmaceutical establishment since 1972
Specialists in herbal medicine, aromatherapy, and gemmotherapy for pharmacists and health professionals, IPHYM laboratories use their expertise and know-how to offer you a wide range of herbal products.
Develop, select, control and distribute are areas of expertise of Iphym Laboratories.
Iphym Santé: the reference of the herbalism in France
- Plants selected for their quality, efficiency, and purity
- A strategy firmly focused on quality
- A wide choice of single bulk plants or mixtures
- Iphym kits ready to use to help you start your herbalism business.
- A complete range of pharmaceutical grade powders
- A range of capsules of powders and dry extracts and soft capsules complete in 1000 and 5000 capsules.
- Products offered in small packaging ready for sale or in large packaging for the preparation.
Sale of medicinal plants in your bio pharmacy online
Our doctors in pharmacy, herbalist training, referenced plants from a rigorous selection, from around the world and produced according to precise specifications, to ensure optimal quality of active ingredients. Our medicinal plants are not treated and their quality is controlled at each stage of their production. Not coming from a mixture of different origins, each lot of medicinal plant is of homogeneous quality. The care taken in the drying and storage of medicinal plants, guarantees you an irreproachable quality. The constant renewal of our stock of medicinal plants guarantees maximum freshness at the best price.