Ash leaf dipstick cut IPHYM Herbalism Fraxinus excelsior L.
Latin name: Fraxinus excelsior L.
Family: Oleaceae, Oleaceae
Other names: Fresne, Fraine, Cinchona Europe, bird language, grane ash
Fraxinus Frasso comes from the Greek, "pinch", or the Latin fragasus, meaning "rough and loud"; excelsior, "high", "slim". Ash is a great rough tree.
Properties ash leaves
Diuretic, leaves of ash affect water retention and edema, cystitis, they relieve arthritis, gout, rheumatism. sudorific, it was used to replace the ash bark against fever.
- Anti-inflammatory (in rheumatic diseases)
- Analgesic in arthritis, in osteoarticular disease
With linden and birch, ash (Fraxinus excelsior) is one of the most widely used medicinal trees. He was also once gave fodder to animals. The bark and leaves are diuretic and anti-inflammatory against gout and rheumatism.
Dosage ash leaves
A leaf infusion (5 g per 1/4 liter) is a diuretic and laxative.
Folk medicine: infused 20-50 g / liter, 15 min infusion, 500 ml / day
1 cup fasting and the other 2 later in the day, cures 15 days.
The infusion of ash leaves is traditionally used against hypertension by humans in southeastern Morocco in the form of powdered dried root boiled a few minutes in the water.
The advice of our pharmacist herbalist to extract active ingredients from plants:
How to make an infusion easily
For flowers, leaves, berries and seeds for essential oil.
- Pour 500 ml of boiling water (removed from the heat as soon as boiling) 1 tsp. Coffee (3-5 g) of medicinal plant (or mixture of plants), then cover.
- Let steep for 3 to 5 minutes for fresh plants, and 5 to 15 minutes to dry plants.
- Strain and drink the tea hot or not after adding a bit of honey or natural syrup.
How to make a decoction easily
For roots, bark, leathery leaves and hard seeds (woody herbs).
- Place 1 c. tablespoons (5-8 g) of the medicinal plant selected from a stainless steel pot (avoid aluminum) v and pour 1/2 liter of boiling water.
- Simmer 5 to 30 minutes and cover to prevent evaporation.
- Strain and drink the sweet tea or not within 24 hours. Keep refrigerated.
Prepare your teas and herbal infusions with low mineral water. Water plays an important role as it conveys the properties of plants.
Drinks herbal generally act better on an empty stomach. Often, it is suggested to drink herbal teas and herbal teas in small sips throughout the day, but it is also possible to divide the daily dose of medicinal plants in 2 or 3 doses. Indications are that it simply takes the natural remedy if necessary.
Botanical description ASH LEAF CUT dipstick
- Large tree 30 m, straight trunk, smooth bark
- Sheet opposite (characters Oleaceae) imparipinnate: composed of 9-15 leaflets
- Brownish Flower, reduced to two stamens and a pistil, grouped in panicles, bloom before the leaves appear
Pharmacology ASH LEAF CUT dipstick
Ash is particularly known for its diuretic properties, but also anti-inflammatory. The ash leaves are rich in rutin, coumarin and glycosides in tannins. However, they may have to their diuretic properties to their high potassium salts. Review summary of 2007, ranked the ash from medicinal plants to the most promising diuretic properties. Its anti-inflammatory properties have also been confirmed scientifically