Plantain - Leaf Pack 250 g
Sent in 5 in 7 working days
Warning: Last items in stock!
Availability date: 06/17/2013Preview the Shipping Fees - Free Shipping from 99€*
Plantain - Leaf Pack 250 g
Latin name: Plantago lanceolata
Other names: Greater Plantain, Plantain birds, Common Plantain, Plantain broadleaf
Perennial, native to the Mediterranean, Central Europe and the temperate regions of Asia, plantain adapts uncultivated soils, sunny, bordering paths.
Plantain is a non bushy herb. Its leaves are gray-green, linear, lanceolate, acuminate with 5 ribs.
Antihistamine: inhibition of IgE-dependent histamine
Antispasmodic smooth muscle, bronchial in particular. This is an excellent cough
- Antibacterial, bacteriostatic and bactericidal against Gram +
- On antiviral adenovirus, herpes (caffeic acid, chlorogenic)
Cytotoxic cells against hepatocellular carcinoma.
Anti-ulcer: 95% reduction of the ulcers in rats
Hepatoprotective vis-à-vis toxic (carbon tetrachloride and Amanita phalloides) (aucuboside)
Antipruritic and analgesic
- Allergic rhinitis and pharyngitis, laryngitis, tracheitis, spasmodic cough,
- Bronchitis, bronchiolitis, whooping cough,
- Asthma, chronic bronchitis, DDB with an allergic component,
Eye diseases: allergic conjunctivitis, blepharitis.
- Gastritis, effects of peptic ulcer,
- Post-infectious colitis,
- Proctitis, anal ulcer.
Urinary diseases: bladder inflammation, cystitis clear urine, hematuria additional treatment.
- Hives, eczema, prurigo, allergic rashes after insect bites, sores,
- Varicose ulcers, hemorrhoids, anal ulcer,
- Gingivitis, mouth ulcers.
- Gastritis, peptic ulcers, diarrhea, colitis
- Bronchitis and laryngitis
Infusion: 40 g / l, 10 minutes, 3 cups / day
- Insect Bites + + + (wasps, bees)
- Fistulas, ulcers, hemorrhoids
maceration 1 night 40g / l, bring to a boil then cool: in bathroom eye, mouth.
At high doses, plantain may have laxative and hypotensive effects.
Some people may have allergic reactions to plantain
The advice of our pharmacist herbalist to extract the active principles of plants:
How to make an infusion easily
For flowers, leaves, berries and seeds essential oil.
- Pour 500 ml of boiling water (removed from the heat once boiling) 1 c. Coffee (3-5 g) herb (or herb mixture), then cover.
- Let steep for 3 to 5 minutes for fresh plants, and 5 to 15 minutes to dry plants.
- Strain and drink the tea hot or not after adding some honey or natural syrup.
How to make a decoction easily
For roots, bark, leathery leaves and hard seeds (woody medicinal plants).
- Place 1 tsp. tablespoons (5-8 g) of the medicinal plant selected from a stainless steel pot (avoid aluminum) v and pour 1/2 liter of boiling water.
- Simmer 5 to 30 minutes and cover to prevent evaporation.
- Strain and drink the sweet tea or not within 24 hours. Keep cool.
Prepare your teas and herbal infusions with low mineral water. Water plays an important role as it conveys the properties of plants.
Drinks herbal generally act better on an empty stomach. Often, it is suggested to drink herbal infusions and teas in small sips throughout the day, but it is also possible to divide the daily dose of medicinal plants in 2 or 3 doses. Indications are simply taking the natural remedy if necessary.
Save time by using the quick order form. With a few clicks , you can easily order your favorite references.
Be fan of our Facebook page and get 5 % discount!
If you are not logged in to Facebook, please first log in and then refresh this page before clicking the Like button. Otherwise, you will not get your voucher.