FRUIT CORIANDER Coriandrum sativum L. IPHYM Herbalism
Coriandrum sativum L.
coriandrum koris comes from the Greek "bug"; sativum "cultivated", the fresh plant is not the most pleasant.
Properties Coriander seed
Carminative, coriander, aids digestion, fight against flatulence, relieves painful spasms that often accompany flatulence.
Anecdote of Coriander fruit
- Used as a spice: makes more digestible fresh bread.
The essential oil develops a perfume and a fruit similar to those which it is extracted aroma. Easier to dose as fruit or powder, it is used in industrial food production (beverages, bakery, deli, curries ...).
Dosage of Coriander infusion
- Gastritis, slow digestion, flatulence, dyspepsia,
- Stimulating the appetite all:
Infusion: 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander in 150 ml water, filter, 2 to 3 times per day
Botanical Description Coriander semances
- Herb, annual, 30-60 cm.
- Small white flowers in umbels, petals notched, the External being larger.
- Fruit of 5 mm, more or less spherical, ribbed with fresh smell of bug, but a dry aromatic smell musky.
The advice of our pharmacist herbalist to extract active ingredients from plants:
How to make an infusion easily
For flowers, leaves, berries and seeds for essential oil.
- Pour 500 ml of boiling water (removed from the heat as soon as boiling) 1 tsp. Coffee (3-5 g) of medicinal plant (or mixture of plants), then cover.
- Let steep for 3 to 5 minutes for fresh plants, and 5 to 15 minutes to dry plants.
- Strain and drink the tea hot or not after adding a bit of honey or natural syrup.
Prepare your teas and herbal infusions with low mineral water. Water plays an important role as it conveys the properties of plants.
Drinks herbal generally act better on an empty stomach. Often, it is suggested to drink herbal teas and herbal teas in small sips throughout the day, but it is also possible to divide the daily dose of medicinal plants in 2 or 3 doses. Indications are that it simply takes the natural remedy if necessary.