Thyme hulled Extra Pack 250 g
The advice of your pharmacist
Used for : heart failure
Sent in 5 in 7 working days
Warning: Last items in stock!
Availability date: 01/20/2013Preview the Shipping Fees - Free Shipping from 99€*
Thyme hulled Extra Pack 250 g
Aromatic plant whose use is recognized in the treatment of symptoms of bronchitis, whooping cough and airway inflammation.
Common Names: common thyme, Spanish thyme
Other names: Farigoule, Barigoule, Frigoule, Pote
Botanical Name: Thymus vulgaris L.
Parts used: Leaves and flowers.
Habitat and origin: Perennial herb, full sun, from the Mediterranean, thyme prefers rich, well drained soil.
- Under shrub 10-30 cm, perennial, very aromatic
- Stem woody tortuous, ascending branches
- Leaves small, opposite, lanceolate or linear wound on the edges
- Pink or whitish flowers, lipped a half cm, grouped into glomerulus forming a sort of spike more or less tight
- Antispasmodic smooth muscle, especially bronchial fiber
- Tonic and astringent skin
- Digestive disorders (indigestion, stomach upset, intestinal flatulence)
Infusion: 5 to 10 g / l; min infusion of 5: 250 to 500 ml per day
- Antitussive: Infused: 10 g / l, 5 min, 250 to 500 ml / d
- Sedative: Infusion concentrated 60 to 150 g / l to pour into a bath
The advice of our pharmacist herbalist to extract the active principles of plants:
How to make an infusion easily
For flowers, leaves, berries and seeds essential oil.
- Pour 500 ml of boiling water (removed from the heat once boiling) 1 c. Coffee (3-5 g) herb (or herb mixture), then cover.
- Let steep for 3 to 5 minutes for fresh plants, and 5 to 15 minutes to dry plants.
- Strain and drink the tea hot or not after adding some honey or natural syrup.
How to make a decoction easily
For roots, bark, leathery leaves and hard seeds (woody medicinal plants).
- Place 1 tsp. tablespoons (5-8 g) of the medicinal plant selected from a stainless steel pot (avoid aluminum) v and pour 1/2 liter of boiling water.
- Simmer 5 to 30 minutes and cover to prevent evaporation.
- Strain and drink the sweet tea or not within 24 hours. Keep cool.
Prepare your teas and herbal infusions with low mineral water. Water plays an important role as it conveys the properties of plants.
Drinks herbal generally act better on an empty stomach. Often, it is suggested to drink herbal infusions and teas in small sips throughout the day, but it is also possible to divide the daily dose of medicinal plants in 2 or 3 doses. Indications are simply taking the natural remedy if necessary.
To go further ...
A little history
For over 12,000 years, thyme accompanies the daily life of humans, both for its medicinal and cosmetic and culinary uses.
The Sumerians and the Egyptians of antiquity used it to embalm their dead.
Among the Romans, thyme was burned to purify the air and ward off pests. It was also used to flavor cheeses and alcoholic beverages. The military put in their bath to give strength.
In the Middle Ages, thyme was known to give courage to the knights.
Nowadays, thyme essential oil as thymol, one of the active principles of thyme, are commonly used for making various soaps and cosmetics. One of the most popular brands of mouthwash (Listerine ®) contains thymol and eucalyptol and menthol. It is the same for some dentifrices.
Thyme still among the most frequently recommended against cough plants and airway inflammation.
Therapeutic activities demonstrated
The German Commission E acknowledges the effectiveness of the plant for the treatment of symptoms of bronchitis, whooping cough and airway inflammation.
In addition to these uses, ESCOP acknowledges its usefulness for the treatment of inflammation of the mucous membranes of the mouth and gums (stomatitis) and chronic bad breath (halitosis).
The World Health Organization, it emphasizes that in addition to these uses, the European Pharmacopoeia mention thyme to treat dyspepsia and other gastrointestinal disorders, laryngitis and tonsillitis (gargle) and that minor skin injuries.
Save time by using the quick order form. With a few clicks , you can easily order your favorite references.
Be fan of our Facebook page and get 5 % discount!
If you are not logged in to Facebook, please first log in and then refresh this page before clicking the Like button. Otherwise, you will not get your voucher.