Herbal Medicine offers solutions to treat plants. Whether it is to sleep better or as a slimming asset, herbal medicine; That is to say all medicinal plants, makes it possible to remedy everyday problems in a natural way. It is a solution that is both alternative and complementary to the treatments of classical medicine, increasingly in vogue and whose effectiveness is increasingly recognized. Here is in this article the different ways to use medicinal plants: herbal teas, powders and herbal extracts, Mother tinctures… « Medicinal plants are used to treat » minor pathologies « . From a certain point of time, it is necessary to know how to pass the hand to a health professional, a...See article
Marshmallow Root cut HERBORISTERIE
Dry cough, constipation, sore throat, inflammation of the mouth
The advice of your pharmacist
Available expedié in 2 - 3 business days
Warning: Last items in stock!
Availability date: 06/17/2013Preview the Shipping Fees
Free Shipping from 99€*
Marshmallow Root cut HERBORISTERIE
Latin Name: Althaea officinalis L.
Other names: Althea white Purple
Althaia Althaea comes from the Greek, "healing", because of its medicinal properties.
Marshmallow is emollient, internal use is indicated during enteritis and constipation, whereas it treats external tonsillitis, gingivitis, dental abscesses, boils, abscesses, ocular disease. It is also very effective against cough irritation, bronchitis and the larybgites.
Medicinal properties of Marshmallow
- Antitussive, expectorant (mucilage)
- Mild laxative
Marshmallow is one of the best softeners and emollient herbal plants.
Main indications for Marshmallow
- Inflammation of the throat, mouth
Marshmallow is used as eye drops softening against inflammation of the throat, mouth and gums, to relieve coughs and bronchitis, it facilitates expectoration, to soften the entire digestive system, stomach, intestines.
Dosage of Marshmallow
Tea 10 g / 250 ml; 10 min infusion or maceration 3h; Drink 1 cup 3 times / day
Decoction of the root: a handful of root cut to 1 liter of water. Boil 10 min.
Precaution for use
Warning: antagonist with alcohol, tannin, iron salts!
Botanical description of the Marshmallow
- Large perennial grass (smooth and whitish)
- Stem 60-120 cm
- Gray leaf isolated, large, oval, lobed and toothed
- Flowers clustered in the leaf axils
The advice of our pharmacist herbalist to extract active ingredients from plants:
How to make a decoction easily
For roots, bark, leathery leaves and hard seeds (woody herbs).
- Place 1 c. tablespoon (5-8 g) of the medicinal plant selected from a stainless steel pot (avoid aluminum) v and pour 1/2 liter of boiling water.
- Simmer 5 to 30 minutes and cover to prevent evaporation.
- Strain and drink the sweet tea or not within 24 hours. Keep cool.
Prepare your teas and herbal infusions with low mineral water. Water plays an important role because it conveys the properties of plants.
Drinks herbal generally act better on an empty stomach. Often, it is suggested to drink herbal teas and tisanes in small sips throughout the day, but it is also possible to divide the daily dose of medicinal plants in 2 or 3 doses. Indications are that it simply takes the natural remedy needed.
Today No. 1 in pharmaceutical herbalism, the IPHYM PHARMA & PLANTES Group is a pharmaceutical establishment created in 1972, specialized in herbal medicine.
The mission of the laboratory Iphym: the well-being of all by medicinal plants.
- An integrated Quality Assurance and Quality Control laboratory.
- Maximum safety: a responsible pharmacist ensures compliance with pharmaceutical regulations.
- Traceability: control bulletin available for all products.
- AFSSAPS certification: we are regularly controlled by the French Agency for Sanitary Safety of Health Products which validates our status as a pharmaceutical laboratory.
- GMP certification: all our production teams are trained in Good Manufacturing Practices.
The Iphym laboratories are recognized by the ANSM as a pharmaceutical establishment since 1972
Specialists in herbal medicine, aromatherapy, and gemmotherapy for pharmacists and health professionals, IPHYM laboratories use their expertise and know-how to offer you a wide range of herbal products.
Develop, select, control and distribute are areas of expertise of Iphym Laboratories.
Iphym Santé: the reference of the herbalism in France
- Plants selected for their quality, efficiency, and purity
- A strategy firmly focused on quality
- A wide choice of single bulk plants or mixtures
- Iphym kits ready to use to help you start your herbalism business.
- A complete range of pharmaceutical grade powders
- A range of capsules of powders and dry extracts and soft capsules complete in 1000 and 5000 capsules.
- Products offered in small packaging ready for sale or in large packaging for the preparation.
Sale of medicinal plants in your bio pharmacy online
Our doctors in pharmacy, herbalist training, referenced plants from a rigorous selection, from around the world and produced according to precise specifications, to ensure optimal quality of active ingredients. Our medicinal plants are not treated and their quality is controlled at each stage of their production. Not coming from a mixture of different origins, each lot of medicinal plant is of homogeneous quality. The care taken in the drying and storage of medicinal plants, guarantees you an irreproachable quality. The constant renewal of our stock of medicinal plants guarantees maximum freshness at the best price.