- Thyme hulled Extra Pack 100, 250g or 1kg
The advice of your pharmacist
Used for : heart failure
Warning: Last items in stock!
Availability date: 01/20/2013Preview the Shipping Fees
Free Shipping from 129€*
Thyme hulled Extra Pack 100, 250g or 1kg
Herb whose use is recognized in the treatment of symptoms of bronchitis, whooping cough and inflammation of the airways.
THYME WHOLE LEAF IPHYM Herb Thymus vulgaris L. / Thymus L. zygis
Latin name: Thymus vulgaris L. / Thymus L. zygis
Common names: thyme, common thyme, farigoule, farigoulette
Parts used: Leaf
Origin: mediterranean basin
Properties THYME WHOLE LEAF
Thyme has powerful anti-infective properties that primarily is used in bronchopulmonary diseases and ENT. This is an antifungal, especially thymol on Aspergillus, an inhibitor of the production of aflatoxins, potentiates the effect of amphotericin B on Candida albicans. antiviral activity is noted vis-à-vis Herpes virus. It is a powerful anti-oxidant (polyméthoxyflavones, thymol, rosmarinic acid) and an anti-aging, it inhibits protein glycation. Thyme is also an anti-inflammatory action by inhibition of NO and radical-scavenging effects. Polysaccharides are complement activators. It is also a cardiac tonic (by triterpenes oleanolic acid, ursolic acid), but also a general tonic and stimulating adrenal cortex. In addition, it is immunomodulating, it stimulates the proliferation of dendritic cells, but reduced that of T cells, thymol seems immunosuppressant.
bronchial spasmolytic, thyme is also cough, muscle relaxant, expectorant and vermifuge.
Indications and uses THYME WHOLE LEAF
thyme leaves are used in the following therapeutic indications:
- Bronchitis, whooping cough, pleurisy
- Small heart failure
Cons-indications with THYME WHOLE LEAF
- Avoid in cases of hypertension and tachycardia
- Thymol present toxic risk at very high doses, allergies are very rare
Pliny already recommended thyme as anti-infectives.
Dosage THYME WHOLE LEAF
- To fight against digestive disorders (indigestion, stomach upset, intestinal flatulence); infusion: pour 5 to 10 g / l of water and let steep for 5 minutes. You can take 250 to 500 ml per day.
- For effect ntitussif; infusion: 10g / L, 5 min, 250 to 500 ml / d
- For a sedative effect; in concentrated infusion: 60 to 150 g / L to pour into a bath
Botanical description THYME WHOLE LEAF
- Under shrub 10 to 30 cm, perennial, very aromatic
- Woody stem twisting, ascending branches
- Small Leaf, opposite, lanceolate or linear, curled at the edges
- Pink or white flowers, bilabiate a 1/2 cm, grouped in glomerulus forming a sort of more or less tight spike
Pharmacology THYME WHOLE LEAF
Active ingredients: HE, flavonoids, phenolic acids, pentacyclic triterpenes, polysaccharides