As indicated by its Celtic root sa-lis (or salik ) which means ” near water “, the willow particularly likes temperate places throughout the northern hemisphere , along rivers and streams, on cool and humid grounds, even marshy, but above all it is a “green and beneficial tree of running waters” and riparian forests. A bit of mythology Mentioned in the Iliad , the willow also appears in the Odyssey : a word from the magician goddess Circe recalls the existence of a sacred wood dedicated to Persephone made up of black poplars and willows, which Pausanias will repeat identically a thousand years later. Willows have also been placed in the meadow which leads to the...See article
Willow - Bark cut
The advice of your pharmacist
Used for : back pain
Warning: Last items in stock!
Availability date: 06/17/2013
Free Shipping from 129€*
Willow - Bark cut
WILLOW BARK CUT IPHYM Herbalism Salix alba
Latin name: Salix alba
Common names: White willow, wicker white
Parts used: Bark
WILLOW BARK properties CUT
Willow bark has anti-inflammatory properties by action on IL-1 beta and NF kappa B, and reduction of IL-6 and TNF-α (apigenin, quercetin). It is a plant analgesic, antipyretic, anti-rheumatic and antiseptic. Such as aspirin, salicylic acid inhibits cyclooxygenase and decreases the biosynthesis of prostaglandins E1 and E2, but less on the synthesis of thromboxane A2, which makes it less platelet aggregation.
The kittens will possess a nerve sedative and calming uterine pain, possibly due to the presence of estriol.
Indications and uses WILLOW BARK CUT
Willow bark is used in the following therapeutic indications:
- Slight fevers, including influenza origin
- Rheumatism and joint pain, rheumatic outbreaks
- Back pain
- Various pain, dysmenorrhea, headache, toothache, etc.
Cons-indications with WILLOW BARK CUT
- May cause potential gastrointestinal disorders
- Caution, do not use preferably in patients taking anticoagulants or antiplatelet agents
The salicoside was isolated in 1830 by Leroux after Serfaty in 1908 has described its activities.
Dosage WILLOW BARK CUT
Pour 2 to 3 grams of drugs in cold water, bring to boil, filter after 5 min.
Botanical description WILLOW BARK CUT
- Common dioecious trees in the wetlands of Europe.
- Palm flexible in their young age, alternate leaves, elongated to lanceolate, short-stalked and finely serrated edge.
- Unisexual flowers clustered in erect catkins, and borne on separate plants (male flowers with yellow stamens, female flowers with green carpels 2).
Pharmacology WILLOW BARK CUT
Active ingredients: salicylates, flavonoids, phenolic compounds, tannins