Heavy legs are a common syndrome , especially in women, and usually worsened with the heat of summer. If the hereditary factor exists, venous insufficiency is not inevitable. Herbal medicine indeed offers a range of remedies to relieve this phenomenon and the pain caused. Origins and symptoms of heavy legs and venous insufficiency Caused by valve dysfunction *, venous insufficiency is a poor return of blood flow to the heart. There is therefore a localized venous hyperpressure in the lower limbs. * Kinds of small valves whose role is to promote blood flow from the bottom to the top. The most common symptoms of heavy legs are: Varicose veins Sensation of stiff legs with sometimes tingling...See article
Daflon 500 mg is a non-prescription drug recommended for venous circulation disorders such as heavy legs and hemorrhoidal crisis .
The advice of your pharmacist
Warning: Last items in stock!
Availability date: 03/6/2013
Free Shipping from 129€*
Daflon 500mg to treat hemorrhoids and venous circulation disorders
For warnings, precautions for use and contraindications of Daflon 500mg, please consult the instructions for use.
- Daflon 500 is a natural medicine recommended for the treatment of symptoms related to poor venous circulation , also called venous insufficiency . These symptoms include heavy, painful legs and impatience.
- The non-prescription drug Daflon 500mg is indicated for the treatment of symptoms related to hemorrhoidal crisis . These symptoms include bleeding, itching and anal pain.
Indication of Daflon 500mg veinotonic
- Daflon 500 is indicated for the treatment of manifestations of chronic venous insufficiency of the lower limbs, functional or organic: feeling of heaviness; pain; night cramps; edema; trophic disorders.
- Daflon 500 is also indicated in the treatment of the acute crisis of hemorrhoidal disease , proposed in the basic treatment of functional and objective manifestations of hemorrhoidal disease.
Advice for use with the non-prescription drug Daflon 500mg
What dosage of Daflon in case of venous circulation disorder?
Usual dose : it is advisable to take 2 tablets per day in one or two separate doses, at mealtimes.
In case of chronic pathology, it is possible to associate this treatment with L28 LEHNING drinkable drops , the homeopathic remedy for venous circulation disorders (varicose veins, varicose ulcers, hemorrhoids).
Some tips to improve your daily comfort:
- Run your legs under cold water . Cold water will help energize your veins by avoiding venous stagnation, by stimulating micro-circulation in the dermis.
- Massage your legs regularly ! In addition to being pleasant on a daily basis, massage also facilitates blood circulation . Massage your legs from the bottom upwards, in order to bring the blood up in the legs: Relieving effect guaranteed!
- Elevate your legs as much as possible throughout the day.
- Avoid sitting or standing stations that do not promote the rise of blood in the legs.
What dosage of Daflon in case of hemorrhoidal crisis?
Acute crisis : 6 tablets per day for the first four days, then 4 tablets per day for three days, then consolidate by:
Basic treatment: 2 tablets per day.
In case of large hemorrhoids , we recommend the concomitant use of an anti-inflammatory and anesthetic cream such as Sedorrhoide Rectal Cream and Sedorrhoide suppository for cases of itchy internal hemorrhoids.
Comment on the advice for use and dosage of Daflon 500mg with our partner Avis checked after your purchase.
Composition of Daflon 500mg Hemorrhoid
Daflon 500mg Hemorrhoid is a non-prescription medicine of natural origin. Indeed, its production begins with the harvest of immature oranges rich in active substances. These substances are extracted and then transformed into daflon 500 after several pharmaceutical steps.
Daflon 500 is composed of a micronized purified flavonoid fraction corresponding to 90% diosmin, and 10% effective flavonoids (expressed in hesperidin), skilfully dosed and obtained by semi-synthesis.
Excipients: sodium arboxymethyl starch, microcrystalline cellulose, gelatin, magnesium stearate, talc. Film-coating: glycerol, hypromellose, macrogol 6000, sodium lauryl sulphate, magnesium stearate, iron oxide yellow (E 172), iron oxide red (E 172), titanium dioxide (E 171).
Precaution for use of Daflon 500mg Venous circulation
- Food supplements should be used as part of a healthy lifestyle and not be used as substitutes for a varied and balanced diet.
- Ask your pharmacist or doctor for advice.
Undesirable effects : A few cases of banal digestive disorders and neurovegetative disorders have been described: — Gastrointestinal disorders: diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting, dyspepsia; — Neurovegetative disorders: dizziness, headache, malaise.
Contraindications : Hypersensitivity to diosmin or to one of the product's excipients.
Presentation of the drug Daflon
The non-prescription drug Daflon 500mg comes in the form of a box of 60 film-coated tablets.
The price of the drug without prescription daflon 500 mg is free in pharmacies. Also available in DAFLON 1000mg 18 tablets .
Our expert pharmacy advice for Daflon 500
- Maintain regular physical activity and drink at least 1.5 liters of water per day (mineralized water).
- Avoid industrial fruit juices, sodas and other sugary drinks.
- Cultivate sleep.
- Protect your eyes from splashes, trauma, light and radiation by wearing suitable goggles.
- Increase your consumption of dried fruits, unroasted and unsalted oilseeds, blue fish from cold seas (checking their origin!), shellfish, crustaceans, pulses, cereals, fruits and vegetables in general.
- Ensure a regular but not excessive intake of dairy products rich in calcium: dry cheeses, yogurts, fresh cheeses.
Learn more about the different pathologies of the venous circulation .
- Heaviness in the legs or calves are particular feelings of heaviness in the legs, generally more important at the end of the day, in the event of strong heat, in standing or prolonged sitting position, or when the calf is compressed in clothing or shoes that are too tight.
- Phlebalgia is pain specific to a venous path and which can result in stitches in the path of the veins.
- Lower limb cramps appear in 30% of venous diseases and are characterized by a lasting and abnormal contraction of a leg muscle, reflecting poor drainage of oxygen-depleted blood.
- Impatients are feelings of numbness defined as an urge to move the legs during prolonged motionless stations, forcing to get up.
DAFLON: how it works
VEINOTONIC and VASCULOPROTECTIVE (leads to venoconstriction, an increase in the resistance of the vessels and a decrease in their permeability).
- In pharmacology: Daflon exerts a double action on the venous return system:
- at the level of the veins and venules, it increases the parietal tone and exerts an antistasis action;
- at the microcirculation level, it increases capillary resistance and normalizes capillary permeability.
- In clinical pharmacology: these properties have been confirmed in humans by methods making it possible to objectify and quantify the activity of Daflon.
- Phlebotonic activity:
Gas plethysmography, with venous occlusion, and impedance rheoplethysmography have demonstrated, during controlled studies, in a statistically significant way (p < 0.001) an increase in venotonicity, as well as a reduction in venous stasis under Daflon.
The Xenon 133 clearance technique showed, under Daflon: a statistically significant increase in effective venous pressure (p < 0.001);
Attention, the drug DAFLON 500MG is not a product like the others. Read the medication leaflet carefully before ordering it. Do not leave medicines within the reach of children. If symptoms persist, seek the advice of your doctor or pharmacist. Beware of incompatibilities on your current products.
- Please inform your online pharmacist of the treatments in progress in order to identify any incompatibilities. The order validation form contains a personalized message field provided for this purpose.
- Click here to find the instructions for this medicine on the website of the National Agency for the Safety of Medicines and Health Products.
- Pharmacovigilance : Declare one or more adverse effect(s) related to the use of a drug.
Our pharmacy doctors also recommend these products
Our related articles
The Hemorrhoids are varicose veins of the anal mucosa and that of the rectum . A distinction is made between internal hemorrhoids , visible by anoscopy, and external hemorrhoids which protrude at the edge of the anus. Depending on their severity, there are several ways to relieve hemorrhoids or even remove them. The first concerns the rules of food hygiene ; you should eat a lot of foods containing fiber (vegetables and fruits) and avoid foods such as spices, alcohol, coffee. Hemorrhoids are in short a dilation of the vessels of the hemorrhoidal plexus in the anal canal. Symptoms include irritation and bleeding. Thrombosed hemorrhoids are usually painful. How to explain the presence of...See article