Vegetable oil Macadamia BIO PRANAROM Available in bottles of 50 ml Is...6,35 €
Santarome Bio Moringa Maca 20 Phials 10ml brings vigor and energy to the...14,12 €
ARKOCAPS MACA FORCE AND ENERGY 45 CAPS The ARKOCAPS MACA, Dietary...7,95 €
PHYTOSUN AROMS VEGETABLE OIL Macadamia MACADAMIA INTEGRIFOLIA MAIDEN &...6,63 €
BALM OF CARE WITH TAMANU OIL REPAIRING AND CALMING ANTIMICROBIAL ACTION...16,58 €
ThermaCare NECK SHOULDER PATCH HEATING AND WRIST: Thermacare Neck: hot...6,24 €
ThermaCare PATCH HEATED DOS 2: Patches heating Thermacare Lower Back and...7,48 €
ThermaCare DOS HEATING PATCH BOX 4: self-heating patch relieves pain...12,48 €
Thermacare Heat Patch Anti-Pain relaxes muscles and relieves the...12,42 €
Macaron Fresh Menthol Salva: To relieve migraines, by applying to the...5,83 €
Thermacare multizone heating Patch Box of 3 bio sale in our pharmacy:...8,25 €
MACA Unknown Earth GOLD OF INCA BIO 60 capsules in our pharmacy bio...13,18 €
Solaray Maca 300mg Glucosinolates 60 Capsules is a food supplement...23,64 €
What are the characteristics of Maca?
Maca has been known for 4000 years in the Andes and is used in particular by Peruvians as a food and medicinal plant. Its tubers are eaten cooked in cookies, drinks or cakes. In ancient times, it was taken as a tonic or as a tonic before fighting. At the time of the conquest of the Andean regions, weakened Spanish horses were given maca to make them more tonic.
It is known to be an aphrodisiac in men and women. It is recommended in infertility, to regulate female hormones and in cases of anemia.
Maca was successful in Spain in the 17th century, then its use faded before rebounding in Europe and North America for a few years.
Latin name :
- Lepidium peruvianum L.
Botanical family :
- Brassicaceae (Cruciferae)
Producing organ :
- Roots (tubers resembling large white radishes)
Main components of the plant :
- Amino acids, sugars, proteins, lipids, essential fatty acids, uridine, malic acid
- Polysaccharides composed of rhamnose, arabinose, glucose, galactose
- Alkaloids ( macaridin) = 1,2-dihydro-N-hydroxypyridine), (1R, 3S) -1-methyltetrahydro-β-carboline-3-carboxylic acid, lepidilin A, lepidiline B, lepidin
- Alkamides: macamides (N-benzyl-5-oxo-6E, 8E-octadecadienamide, N-benzylhexadecanamide)
- Glucosinolates: glucotropaeoline, m-methoxyglucotropaeoline
- Steroids similar in structure to sex hormones
- Mag, Ca, P, Fe, Cu, Zn
The plant is not included in the list of medicinal plants of the French Pharmacopoeia, but it is authorized as an ingredient in food supplements subject to the absence of alkaloids; it is a food plant in South America.