REGLISSE NATURE REGULAR ROOT CUT 50G IPHYM Herbalism Glycyrrhiza glabra L.
The advice of your pharmacist
Sent in 5 in 7 working days
Warning: Last items in stock!
Availability date:Preview the Shipping Fees - Free Shipping from 99€*
REGLISSE NATURE REGULAR ROOT CUT IPHYM Herbalism Glycyrrhiza glabra L.
Latin name: Glycyrrhiza glabra L.
Family: Fabaceae subfamily Faboideae
Common names: licorice, sweet wood, sweet root, sweet wood
Parts used: Root
Origin: mediterranneans Regions
Properties REGLISSE NATURE REGULAR ROOT CUT
Licorice increases the secretion of gastric mucus and reduce that of pepsinogen. It is an anti-ulcer stomach, it has a preventive and curative role vis-à-vis gastric ulcers, and inhibits the adhesion of Helicobacter pylori in the gastric wall (polysaccharides). Flavonoids are antispasmodic (liquiritin and isoliquiritoside). This plant is an expectorant and a mucolytic that facilitates expectoration. It is also an antitussive. Glycyrrhizin has anti-bacterial, antiviral (glycyrrhetic acid is active against the SARS virus), anti-hepatotoxic, immuno-stimulating and healing. Licorice has immunostimulatory properties which increases phagocytosis and stimulates the production of T lymphocytes and B. There is a stimulation of memory glabridin with anticholinergic effects (potential effect in Alzheimer's disease).
Licorice is a neuroprotective (glabridin and isoliquiritigenin), an anticonvulsant and an antidepressant. It is anti-atherogenic, anti-oxidant, anti-histamine and anti-inflammatory (glycyrrhizin) by inhibiting the production of prostaglandin E2 from macrophages.
The glycyrrhetic acid stimulate the natural conversion of testosterone to estrogen.
antitumor activity is noted (prostate cancer) by licochalcone. This plant is also antiangiogenic because it decreases the production of VEGF. It is also a hepatoprotective, a nephroprotective (glabridin), and a healing. Note antibacterial activity vis-à-vis Staphylococcus aureus resistant to methicillin (MRSA) by flavonoids (the licoricidine restores the effects of oxacillin) and an antifungal activity (glabridin).
The sweetness of glycyrrhizin is 50 times more than cane sugar. It also notes interressante antiviral activity vis-à-vis DNA viruses (Herpes) and RNA (HIV), but watch the activity in vitro.
Indications and uses REGLISSE NATURE REGULAR ROOT CUT
Licorice is used in the following cases:
- Gastritis, gastric and duodenal ulcer Helicobacter pylori
- Tonsillitis, chronic bronchitis, asthma
- Hemorrhoids, anal itching and vulvar
- Eczema, itching, skin ulcers, insect bites, sunburn, seborrheic dermatitis, diaper rash
- Lichen Planus
- Sun protection and vis-à-vis the stress of high mountains (altitude sickness) or water deprivation during hot weather
- Insufficient surénalienne
- Female hirsutism, hyperandrogenism, would cause ovulation in hyperandrogenic woman
- Indications of steroids, over a short time, relays steroids
Cons-indications with REGLISSE NATURE REGULAR ROOT CUT
- The glycyrrhizin can cause high blood pressure and edema with sodium retention (pseudo-aldosteronism). It can also cause hypokalemia (impaired muscle contractility), heart defects st of aldosteronism (sodium retention, chlorinated, water, increased excretion of potassium, decreased urine output)
- Poisoning glycyrrhizin causes a pseudo primary aldosteronism. Glycyrrhizin has no direct minéralocorticocoïde activity (affinity for the mineralocorticoid receptor 10,000 times lower than that of aldosterone). It exerts its toxicity through enzyme inhibition on dehydrogenase 11-beta-hydroxysteroid. Cortisol, which can then be converted to cortisone in the kidney, binds to mineralocorticoid receptors reproducing the symptoms of hyperaldosteronism (renal excretion of potassium and fluid retention) while there is an overall freination the renin-angiotensin system plasma -aldostérone
- ATTENTION to the following drug interactions:
- Digitalis (increased sensitivity)
- Diuretics (risk of hypokalemia)
- Corticosteroids (additive effect)
- Oral contraceptives (increased effects of glycyrrhizin)
Dosage REGLISSE NATURE REGULAR ROOT CUT
For inflammations of the respiratory system and peptic ulcer disease (gastric and duodenal ulcers); Dried roots: from 5 g to 15 g per day, divided into 3 times in the day. Taken after each meal in the form of powder, infusion or decoction (2 g to 5 g in 150 ml water). It is generally considered that the dried root contains 4% glycyrrhizin.
Botanical description REGLISSE NATURE REGULAR ROOT CUT
Licorice is a perennial herb that can reach or exceed 1 m. It is native to southern Europe (var. Typica) central and eastern (var. Glandulifera) or Asia Minor (var. Violacea). It has highly developed underground parts. Its compound leaves are imparipinnate. It gives small flowers papilionaceae lilac or purplish blue, gathered in elongated clusters. The fruit is a flattened pod and dented by seeds.
Pharmacology REGLISSE NATURE REGULAR ROOT CUT
Active ingredients: alkaloids, flavonoids, beta-sitosterol, polysaccharides, salicylic acid.
Save time by using the quick order form. With a few clicks , you can easily order your favorite references.
Be fan of our Facebook page and get 5 % discount!
If you are not logged in to Facebook, please first log in and then refresh this page before clicking the Like button. Otherwise, you will not get your voucher.