Melissa Full Sheet HERBORISTERIE
MELISSA LEAF CUT IPHYM Herb Melissa officinalis L.
Latin name: Melissa officinalis L.
Common names: Lemongrass, Lemonade, Pepper bees, Tea France
Parts used: Leaf
Properties MELISSA LEAF CUT
Lemon balm leaf reduces stress at the 600 mg dose of extract per day. It has antispasmodic properties, choleretic and anti-ulcer. This is an antiviral (anti-herpes), and a bactericide (rosmarinic acid). It is also anti-oxidant. The leaves of Melissa, besides their digestive antispasmodic and stimulating properties, exert a sedative action.
This calming effect is comparable to that obtained with benzodiazepines.
Anxiolytic, lemon balm acts at GABA-ergic receptors and inhibits the activity of gamma-aminobutyric acid transaminase (GABA-transaminase). GABA-A receptors are the targets of anxiolytic benzodiazepine that potentiates the inhibitory effect of the central nervous system.
Melissa officinalis promotes sleep in cases of insomnia to fall asleep, and in weaning antidepressant benzodiazépines.Vraisemblablement, it improves mood and cognitive performance by modulation of the muscarinic and nicotinic receptors. But it can interfere with thyroid function because it reduces the binding of TSH with its receptor.
Indications and uses Mélisse SHEET CUT
lemon balm leaf is used in the following therapeutic indications:
- Functional gastrointestinal disorders
- Nervousness, insomnia, anxiety
- Dysmenorrhoea and premenstrual syndrome
- Heart problems of psycho-vegetative origin
- Biliary pain
- Dyskinesia hypertonic
- Nervous breakdown
Cons-indications and precautions with Mélisse SHEET CUT
- Perfectly tolerated up to 500 mg of rosmarinic acid
- A higher dose, one case of addiction have been reported
- Attention to interactions with the thyroid function
Lemon balm has been used extensively by Hippocrates, Theophrastus and Paracelsus.
Dosage Mélisse SHEET CUT
Infusion 20 g / l, 15 mim, 500 ml / day: antispasmodic and sedative CNS, choleretic and carminative.
Botanical description Mélisse SHEET CUT
- Grass 30-80 cm very rower rod
- Leaf opposed to jagged edges with a citrus scent when crushed
- Whitish or pink flowers in whorls in the axils of leaves, bilabiate: upper lip erect and lower lip 3 unequal lobes
Pharmacology Mélisse SHEET CUT
Active ingredients: HE, monoterpene glycosides, rosmanirique acid, triterpenes, uronic mucilage, flavonoids