Herbal Medicine offers solutions to treat plants. Whether it is to sleep better or as a slimming asset, herbal medicine; That is to say all medicinal plants, makes it possible to remedy everyday problems in a natural way. It is a solution that is both alternative and complementary to the treatments of classical medicine, increasingly in vogue and whose effectiveness is increasingly recognized. Here is in this article the different ways to use medicinal plants: herbal teas, powders and herbal extracts, Mother tinctures… « Medicinal plants are used to treat » minor pathologies « . From a certain point of time, it is necessary to know how to pass the hand to a health professional, a...See article
Calamus (Calamus) Rhizome cut HERBORISTERIE
Latin name: Acorus calamus
Properties Acore odorant
The rhizome provides an essential oil containing, for European variety of (p-cymene camphene) and mono-and sesquiterpene derivatives phénylpropaniques (less than 10%) represented by the above beta-asarone. It is carcinogenic and negatively affects fertility. The Americanus variety contains virtually no beta-asarone, while plants from India have the highest concentration (up to 96%) (1).
However, despite an ancestral use in India, the entire plant was never responsible for cancer (2).
It could, also called schoenante be a multiple components theriac the western maritime pharmacopoeia in the eighteenth century (3).
Main constituents of fragrant Sweet Flag
- Essential oil: camphene, p-cymene, β-gurjunène, linalool
- Bitter principle (acorone)
Indications and Uses of fragrant Sweet Flag
- Sluggish digestive (in association with elecampane and gentian)
- Drop (do not heal the pain of acute crisis but rather the ground)
- Rules insufficient
The Tartars employed to disinfect their drinking water (4).
The essential oil is extracted by distillation of rhizomes is used in perfumery.
In some countries, this plant is used to flavor beer or water-of-life (4).
She is known bugs away and therefore well protected fur (4).
Use of Acore advice odorant
- Infusion: 1 teaspoon to 1 cup makers.
- Bring to a boil, we stopped and let steep for 10 minutes at least.
- Drink 3-4 cups a day.
Traditional use of fragrant Sweet Flag
The plant is cultivated in swampy areas and along rivers in Eastern Europe, only the rhizomes are used. Harvested in spring and autumn and dried in the shade, the calamus is a bitter tonic that stimulates the digestive glands. Used as a tea, it is effective against all stomach disorders such as bloating, nausea, gastro-esophageal burns.
It is also an aperitif plant, it is possible to make a liquor: 100 g of dried rhizome, 1/2 liter of alcohol, 1/2 liter of water; shake and filter after a week.
In Canada - where the plant is called beautiful-angelic by Quebecers and sweet flag by English speakers - some Indians chew rhizomes for their stimulating and therapeutic effects. At high doses, it can cause hallucinations visuelles5.
Sweet flag and its products are authorized in Europe with a maximum tolerated β-asarone 0.1 mg / kg in foodstuffs and 1 mg / kg in alcoholic beverages limit (1).
In China, the leaves and rhizomes broyés6 are used as insecticides against aphids, leafhoppers, rice pests and mites. The plant is also used in fumigation with wormwood against mosquitoes.
In India, it is used in Ayurvedic medicine under the name "Vacha" as nervous stimulant, digestive, emetic (high dose), expectorant and decongestant sinus, and as a diuretic (7).
Sweet flag as the Changpu 菖蒲 is part of the traditional medical field of China. We currently considère8 that the term may designate shuichangpu 水 菖蒲 Acorus calamus L. and Acorus shichangpu 石菖蒲 tatarinowii Schott.
The Calamus Changpu is quoted in the Chinese pharmacopeia Shennong first bencao jing (around the beginning of our era). The record shows:
acrid, hot. Treats disorders related to "cold damp wind", the coughing, opposes ascending Qi. He opens the door of the heart. Feeds the five organs, releases nine holes, brightens the eyes and ears, [help] joints voice. Take long, lightens the body, improves memory, prevents confusion and prolongs life. Alternate Name: Changyang. Grows in ponds and marshes.
Notes and references
. ↑ 1 a and b Bruneton, J., Pharmacognosy - Phytochemistry, Medicinal Plants, 4th ed, revised and enlarged, Paris, Tec & Doc -. International Medical Publishing, 2009, p 1288. (ISBN 978-2-7430-1188-8)
2. ↑ Encyclopedia of Medicinal Plants, Larousse
3. ↑ According Maistral, in Yannick Romieux, From the crow's nest mortar, LCD Editions, Nantes 1986
4. ↑ a, b and c Secrets and virtues of medicinal plants, selection reader's digest, 1977
Richard Evans Schultes ↑ 5, hallucinogenic A panorama of the New World, The Edition, 2000 (ISBN 2-84405-098-0). Poltergeist
↑ 6 Francine Fèvre, Georges Métailié, Dictionary RICCI China Plant.; Chinese, French, Latin, English, Association Ricci, Editions du Cerf, 2005
↑ 7. Encyclopedia Baidu [archive]
Today No. 1 in pharmaceutical herbalism, the IPHYM PHARMA & PLANTES Group is a pharmaceutical establishment created in 1972, specialized in herbal medicine.
The mission of the laboratory Iphym: the well-being of all by medicinal plants.
- An integrated Quality Assurance and Quality Control laboratory.
- Maximum safety: a responsible pharmacist ensures compliance with pharmaceutical regulations.
- Traceability: control bulletin available for all products.
- AFSSAPS certification: we are regularly controlled by the French Agency for Sanitary Safety of Health Products which validates our status as a pharmaceutical laboratory.
- GMP certification: all our production teams are trained in Good Manufacturing Practices.
The Iphym laboratories are recognized by the ANSM as a pharmaceutical establishment since 1972
Specialists in herbal medicine, aromatherapy, and gemmotherapy for pharmacists and health professionals, IPHYM laboratories use their expertise and know-how to offer you a wide range of herbal products.
Develop, select, control and distribute are areas of expertise of Iphym Laboratories.
Iphym Santé: the reference of the herbalism in France
- Plants selected for their quality, efficiency, and purity
- A strategy firmly focused on quality
- A wide choice of single bulk plants or mixtures
- Iphym kits ready to use to help you start your herbalism business.
- A complete range of pharmaceutical grade powders
- A range of capsules of powders and dry extracts and soft capsules complete in 1000 and 5000 capsules.
- Products offered in small packaging ready for sale or in large packaging for the preparation.
Sale of medicinal plants in your bio pharmacy online
Our doctors in pharmacy, herbalist training, referenced plants from a rigorous selection, from around the world and produced according to precise specifications, to ensure optimal quality of active ingredients. Our medicinal plants are not treated and their quality is controlled at each stage of their production. Not coming from a mixture of different origins, each lot of medicinal plant is of homogeneous quality. The care taken in the drying and storage of medicinal plants, guarantees you an irreproachable quality. The constant renewal of our stock of medicinal plants guarantees maximum freshness at the best price.