The beautiful days arrive, with them the mosquitoes have made their return for the sole purpose of preventing us from sleeping and devouring us. There are many protections on the market to protect us, but what about baby? We are often afraid to apply harmful and aggressive lotions for our little blond heads, so nothing better than turning to nature to find healthy and effective solutions to protect baby from mosquitoes. How to protect baby from mosquitoes through herbal medicine? Essential Oils: Aromatherapy is one of the most effective natural ways to protect yourself from mosquitoes. Whether it is in circulation or in skin application they will scare away the mosquitoes and can soothe...See article
BEPANTHEN 5% Ointment 100 grams BAYER is a nonprescription medicine indicated for the treatment of diaper rash of infants, babies and children
The advice of your pharmacist
Warning: Last items in stock!
Availability date:Preview the Shipping Fees
Free Shipping from 129€*
BEPANTHEN 5% Baby ointment 100 g BAYER
For warnings, precautions for use and contraindications, please consult the instructions for use of Bepanthen ointment.
This medication is indicated for the treatment of skin irritation , especially in the case of diaper rash (red buttocks) in infants . Effective at the first signs of diaper rash, Bepanthen Ointment has an exclusive formula perfectly suited to the fragile skin of babies. Bepanthen Ointment helps repair, soothe and protect the irritated buttocks of babies , while letting the skin breathe to avoid maceration.
BEPANTHEN 5% Baby ointment 100 g BAYER for diaper rash: adopt the right reflexes
During the first year of their life, few children escape the "red buttocks" or diaper rashes. Rubbing of the diaper, maceration, changes too widely spaced,… So many factors that contribute to the appearance of this irritation, certainly mild but very quickly annoying for the baby and his mother.
With Bepanthen ointment , discover here the good gestures and good habits that will soothe your little red skin .
In practice, apply Bepanthen ointment by massaging gently at each change of your baby, at the first signs of irritation of the seat .
The creamy texture of Bepanthen Ointment allows gentle application.
Bepanthen Ointment does not stick, and can therefore be cleaned without difficulty.
Bepanthen ointment does not mask irritated areas after application, allowing good monitoring of their treatment.
Remember to change your child regularly, especially after bowel movements, to avoid the recurrence of diaper rash .
Your baby's skin is fragile for several reasons:
- It may be more permeable to foreign substances and to solar rays, due to a higher body surface area / weight ratio.
- Abnormal sweating during the first months of life can influence the regulation of internal temperature.
- Your child's skin area is very large in relation to their weight. Thus, the substances that you use for care can be found in high concentration in his body.
- Only care adapted to pediatric use is recommended. Avoid exposing a child to direct sunlight.
Bepanthen ointment is adapted to the peculiarities of your baby's skin. You can use it once or several times a day, especially during exchanges.
Bepanthen Ointment is a suitable solution which contains:
* A healing active ingredient: Dexpanthenol (or provitamin B5) which provides the elements necessary for skin regeneration.
* An oily phase containing an excipient, Protegin X, which protects baby's buttocks from external aggressions (urine, stool, rubbing).
In cells, Dexpanthenol is rapidly transformed into pantothenic acid, which plays a decisive role as a component of coenzyme A. As part of the cell repair process, it promotes cell regeneration and repair of the skin epithelium.
Bepanthen Ointment , of a semi occlusive consistency, also lets baby's skin breathe. Ointments that are too occlusive can lead to maceration phenomena which aggravate irritation in your baby's seat . With its specific formula, Bepanthen Ointment lets your baby's skin breathe, thus promoting skin repair.
Bepanthen Ointment is an original formula well suited to the fragile skin of babies .
What is Bepanthen Ointment?
Bepanthen Ointment is indicated for the treatment of irritations of the skin , in particular in the event of diaper rash in infants ( red buttocks ).
Bepanthen Ointment contains 5% Dexpanthenol.
An ointment consists mainly of fatty substances (we speak of water-in-oil emulsion). The ointment is generally used on wet lesions.
What are the contraindications to the use of Bepanthen® Ointment?
Bepanthen® Ointment should not be used in case of infected or oozing dermatoses or in case of known hypersensitivity to one of the constituents.
BEPANTHEN 5%, Ointment Dexpanthénol PROTECTEUR CUTANE.
This medication is indicated for the treatment of skin irritation, especially in the case of diaper rash (red buttocks) in infants.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW BEFORE YOU USE BEPANTHEN 5%, ointment?
Never use BEPANTHEN 5%, ointment in the following cases :
- History of hypersensitivity to any of the components.
- Infected or oozing dermatosis.
IN CASE OF DOUBT, IT IS ESSENTIAL TO ASK FOR THE OPINION OF YOUR DOCTOR OR PHARMACIST.
Precautions for use; special warnings
Be careful with BEPANTHEN 5%, ointment :
- This medicine contains lanolin (wool fat) and may cause skin reactions (for example: eczema).
- Avoid contact with eyes, this could be irritating.
If there is no improvement beyond 5 days and despite the strict application of health education advice, consult a doctor or ask a pharmacist for advice.
Use during pregnancy and lactation of bepanthene ointment
Pregnancy and breast feeding
This medication should be used with caution during pregnancy and breastfeeding. In breastfeeding women, if applied to the breasts, clean the skin before each feeding.
In general, you should ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking any medicine.
How to best use BEPANTHEN 5% ointment 100 g?
Instructions for proper use
Dosage, Mode and / or route (s) of administration, Frequency of administration and Duration of treatment
- Apply by massaging one to several times a day.
- Method and route of administration
How to store BEPANTHEN ointment?
Keep out of the reach and sight of children.
Expiration date: Do not use BEPANTHEN 5%, ointment after the expiration date mentioned on the outer packaging.
Do not store above 25 ° C.
If necessary, warnings against certain visible signs of deterioration
What does BEPANTHEN 5% ointment contain?
The active substance is :
Dexpanthenol 5.0 g
Per 100 g of ointment.
The other ingredients are : Protegin X, petroleum jelly, wool grease, white beeswax, almond oil, cetyl alcohol, stearyl alcohol, liquid paraffin, purified water.
Pharmaceutical form and content
What BEPANTHEN ointment looks like and contents of the pack
This non-prescription medication comes in the form of an ointment.
3.5 g, 30 g, 80 g or 100 g tube.
Free price in Pharmacy.
Health education tips for changing the baby
Skin irritations correspond to an alteration of the natural protective barrier of the skin leading to redness, possibly associated with peeling or cracking skin. They are due to the action of irritants such as cold, mechanical friction, chemicals ...
Diaper rash is a skin irritation in the areas covered by diapers. The skin is red and then cracks.
How to prevent diaper rash in infants?
- To prevent diaper rash , keep your buttocks clean, dry and cool.
- Change your baby's diaper often and let her bottom feel as much as possible. This allows the skin to dry.
- At each diaper change, clean your baby's bottom well with lukewarm (but not hot) water, not forgetting the small folds.
- Allow the buttocks to dry thoroughly before putting on another layer, preferably in the open air or using a clean absorbent towel, without rubbing to avoid the risk of irritation.
What to do in case of diaper rash?
- Avoid adjusting the diapers too tight to let your baby's skin "breathe".
- Leave your baby without a diaper as much as possible. Fresh air dries out irritated moist skin and promotes healing of erythema.
- Apply a protective and repairing ointment to the child's buttocks after each change of the baby.