The virtues of chamomile flowers have been known since the dawn of time. Although not of Roman origin, tradition has it that it was named so because a German botanist and physician Camerarius rediscovered it in the 16th century in Rome. The flower head is used in herbalism, traditionally to facilitate digestion . In liquorice, it gives a bitter flavor to aperitifs. The flowered top, for its part, is used for the production of essential oil used in particular in perfumery . A little history From the first century of our era, the encyclopedist Pliny thus described the three species of chamomile: Matricaria recutita (annual German chamomile), Chamaemelum nobile (perennial Roman chamomile)...See article
PHYTOSUN AROMS ESSENTIAL OIL 5ML CHAMOMILE CHAMAMELUM NOBILE EOBBD
The advice of your pharmacist
Warning: Last items in stock!
Availability date: 01/8/2013
Free Shipping from 129€*
PHYTOSUN AROMS ESSENTIAL OIL Roman Chamomile CHAMAEMELUM NOBILE 5 ml
Nicknamed "lion's grass", chamomile is renowned for its anti-inflammatory and sedative actions but it has a multitude of other properties which should make it essential as a treatment present in the family pharmacy.
Scientific name: Chamaemelum nobile
Other names: Roman chamomile, noble chamomile, noble anthemis, fragrant anthemis, Anjou chamomile.
INCI name: ANTHEMIS NOBILIS OIL
Distilled part of the plant: the flower
Aromatic molecules: Isobutyl angelate, isoamyl angelate
100% pure, natural and chemotyped essential oil.
Oil from organic farming AB (Certisys-BE1 control).
Properties of Roman Chamomile Essential Oil
The essential oil of Roman chamomile has relaxing and anti-depressive properties. It is also a digestive tonic. It is sedative, and calming of the central nervous system. This essential oil inhibits anxiety when used in massage. It is analgesic, spasmolytic, hypotensive, calming, neurotonic and nervous rebalancing. But also antipruritic, antiphlogistic and antiallergic.
Traditional indications of Roman chamomile essential oil
Roman chamomile essential oil is used in the following therapeutic indications:
- Menopause disorders, emotional shocks, emotional trauma, depressive states
- Neuritis, neuralgia, shingles, nervous trauma
- Nervous asthma, hypersensitivity, hyperkinesia, restlessness
- Arterial circulation disorders
- Tachycardia, palpitations
- Insomnia, nightmares (children over 7 years old)
- Allergic lands (asthma, eczema, conjunctivitis, pruritus, urticaria)
- Soothing massages
Dosage / synergy with the essential oil of Roman chamomile
Calming, regulating action of the autonomic nervous system and the cardiac system , anxiety type accompanied by palpitations; dilute 5% Roman chamomile essential oil in wheat germ vegetable oil. Massage the solar plexus with this mixture.
Directions for use / precautions for use of Roman chamomile essential oil
- Prohibited in people allergic to asteraceae
- This product cannot replace a balanced diet
- Do not exceed the recommended dose
- Keep out of reach of young children
- Under no circumstances can the information and advice given constitute a diagnosis, which necessarily requires an examination with his doctor. They are not a substitute for a consultation with him either.