Herbal Medicine offers solutions to treat plants. Whether it is to sleep better or as a slimming asset, herbal medicine; That is to say all medicinal plants, makes it possible to remedy everyday problems in a natural way. It is a solution that is both alternative and complementary to the treatments of classical medicine, increasingly in vogue and whose effectiveness is increasingly recognized. Here is in this article the different ways to use medicinal plants: herbal teas, powders and herbal extracts, Mother tinctures… « Medicinal plants are used to treat » minor pathologies « . From a certain point of time, it is necessary to know how to pass the hand to a health professional, a...See article
Elder - flower Herbalism hulled IPHYM Sambucus nigra L.
ELDER FLOWER hulled IPHYM Herbalism Sambucus nigra L.
Latin name: Sambucus nigra L.
Common names: Elderberry
Used parts: Flower
Origin: Europe, West Asia, North Africa
Properties ELDER FLOWER mondée
- Elder flower has properties sudorific, it significantly increases the sweating and bronchial secretions. It is laxative and égèrement iurétique. It is also a plant nti-inflammatory.
Indications and uses ELDER FLOWER mondée
elderberry flower is used in the following therapeutic indications:
- Colds, infectious and eruptive diseases like illness early, dry cough, nasopharyngitis child
- Gargles fumigations lotions and poultices
The elder was once considered a real "campaign of pharmacy" .It is with flowers as the delicious donuts elderberry is prepared. At the time, we used these flowers to purge phlegm (one of the four Hippocratic humors). Temperament or complexion "phlegmatic" would have favored certain diseases caused by the damp cold.
Dosage ELDER FLOWER mondée
To treat colds, flu or sinusitis; infuse 3 to 5g of dried flowers in 150 ml boiling water for 10 to 15 minutes.
Drink three cups a day.
Botanical description ELDER FLOWER mondée
- Shrub 4-5 m high
- Large-opposed compound leaves imparipinnate, with 5-7 leaflets ovate
- In large inflorescences umbel umbels (20 cm diameter)
- Ripe fruits: black and gorged with dark purple juice
Pharmacology ELDER FLOWER mondée
Active ingredients: HE, mucilage, tannins, flavonoids, triterpene acid, sterols