Herbal Medicine offers solutions to treat plants. Whether it is to sleep better or as a slimming asset, herbal medicine; That is to say all medicinal plants, makes it possible to remedy everyday problems in a natural way. It is a solution that is both alternative and complementary to the treatments of classical medicine, increasingly in vogue and whose effectiveness is increasingly recognized. Here is in this article the different ways to use medicinal plants: herbal teas, powders and herbal extracts, Mother tinctures… « Medicinal plants are used to treat » minor pathologies « . From a certain point of time, it is necessary to know how to pass the hand to a health professional, a...See article
Valerian - Racine cut package 250g
The reference plant to fight against insomnia.
VALERIANE ROOT CUT IPHYM Herbs Valeriana officinalis L.
Latin name: Valeriana officinalis L.
Common Names: Grass for cats, valerian
Parts used: Root
Properties VALERIANE ROOT CUT
Valerian root has sleeping pill and anxiolytic properties by valerenic acid. It is antispasmodic, sedative, tranquilizer, muscle relaxant and depressed nervous system. It inhibits the reuptake and stimulates the release of GABA (inhibitory neurotransmitter); valerenic acid is a ligand for the GABA receptors and inhibit GABA transaminase. Sesquiterpenes and valepotriates bind to benzodiazepine receptors. Flavonoids such as apigenin, hesperidin and linarine bind to central receptors. It has been shown that this plant and reduces stress induced by reducing the rate of monoamine neurotransmitters. The aqueous root extracts contain significant amounts of GABA that could directly cause sedation, but there is some controversy surrounding the bioavailability of the compound.
The valepotriates, antidepressants, are found very little in the pharmaceutical preparations, but the degradation products (baldrinals and other derivatives) are active. The hypotensive valéranone is 5 mg / kg.
Indications and uses VALERIANE ROOT CUT
Valerian is used in the following therapeutic indications:
- Excitations, insomnia, palpitations of nervous origin
- Neurotonic States and autonomic dystonia in adults and children
- Hyperfunction sympathetic alpha of prolonged stress
- Pituitary-adrenal response inadequate
- Sleep disorders especially insomnia of drowsiness associated with extracts of hops and lemon balm
- Anxiolytic and slightly anti-depressive, anxious ruminations, chronic exposure to stress, postural contractures stress (patient who loses foot), prevents memory loss in patients with depression
- Adjuvant in smoking cessation and in epilepsy (petit mal children)
Cons-indications with VALERIANE ROOT CUT
- An overdose of valerian can cause fatigue, hypotension, heavy headedness, mydriasis and abdominal pain
- Rare cases of hepatotoxicity
- Not recommended for children and pregnant women
- Toxicity valepotriates to 400 mg / kg
Its name comes from the Latin "valere" = "do well" (which gave "validity" and "con-convalescence"). Before the arrival of synthetic tranquilizers, valerian root was considered the most effective painkillers. In ancient Greece, Hippocrates and Dioscorides recommended it to treat insomnia.
Dosage VALERIANE ROOT CUT
antispasmodic and nerve sedative use: neurasthenia, neurosis, tachycardia, insomnia; infusion: 20 g / liter, infuse 15 minutes, drink several cups / day
Recommended associations with VALERIANE ROOT CUT
Passionflower, hawthorn, lemon balm
Botanical description VALERIANE ROOT CUT
- Native perennial herb of 0.40 to 2 m
- Stem erect, hollow, fluted
- Leaves in a rosette at the base, opposite on the stem, with many acute lobes toothed
- Pink or white flowers in cymes umbel
Pharmacology VALERIANE ROOT CUT
Active ingredients: Sesquiterpenes, sesquiterpene ketones, iridoids, alkaloids, lignans, GABA, flavonoids ET
Today No. 1 in pharmaceutical herbalism, the IPHYM PHARMA & PLANTES Group is a pharmaceutical establishment created in 1972, specialized in herbal medicine.
The mission of the laboratory Iphym: the well-being of all by medicinal plants.
- An integrated Quality Assurance and Quality Control laboratory.
- Maximum safety: a responsible pharmacist ensures compliance with pharmaceutical regulations.
- Traceability: control bulletin available for all products.
- AFSSAPS certification: we are regularly controlled by the French Agency for Sanitary Safety of Health Products which validates our status as a pharmaceutical laboratory.
- GMP certification: all our production teams are trained in Good Manufacturing Practices.
The Iphym laboratories are recognized by the ANSM as a pharmaceutical establishment since 1972
Specialists in herbal medicine, aromatherapy, and gemmotherapy for pharmacists and health professionals, IPHYM laboratories use their expertise and know-how to offer you a wide range of herbal products.
Develop, select, control and distribute are areas of expertise of Iphym Laboratories.
Iphym Santé: the reference of the herbalism in France
- Plants selected for their quality, efficiency, and purity
- A strategy firmly focused on quality
- A wide choice of single bulk plants or mixtures
- Iphym kits ready to use to help you start your herbalism business.
- A complete range of pharmaceutical grade powders
- A range of capsules of powders and dry extracts and soft capsules complete in 1000 and 5000 capsules.
- Products offered in small packaging ready for sale or in large packaging for the preparation.
Sale of medicinal plants in your bio pharmacy online
Our doctors in pharmacy, herbalist training, referenced plants from a rigorous selection, from around the world and produced according to precise specifications, to ensure optimal quality of active ingredients. Our medicinal plants are not treated and their quality is controlled at each stage of their production. Not coming from a mixture of different origins, each lot of medicinal plant is of homogeneous quality. The care taken in the drying and storage of medicinal plants, guarantees you an irreproachable quality. The constant renewal of our stock of medicinal plants guarantees maximum freshness at the best price.