Valerian - Racine cut package 250g
The advice of your pharmacist
Sent in 5 in 7 working days
Warning: Last items in stock!
Availability date:Preview the Shipping Fees - Free Shipping from 99€*
Valerian - Racine cut package 250g
The reference plant to fight against insomnia.
VALERIANE ROOT CUT IPHYM Herbs Valeriana officinalis L.
Latin name: Valeriana officinalis L.
Common Names: Grass for cats, valerian
Parts used: Root
Properties VALERIANE ROOT CUT
Valerian root has sleeping pill and anxiolytic properties by valerenic acid. It is antispasmodic, sedative, tranquilizer, muscle relaxant and depressed nervous system. It inhibits the reuptake and stimulates the release of GABA (inhibitory neurotransmitter); valerenic acid is a ligand for the GABA receptors and inhibit GABA transaminase. Sesquiterpenes and valepotriates bind to benzodiazepine receptors. Flavonoids such as apigenin, hesperidin and linarine bind to central receptors. It has been shown that this plant and reduces stress induced by reducing the rate of monoamine neurotransmitters. The aqueous root extracts contain significant amounts of GABA that could directly cause sedation, but there is some controversy surrounding the bioavailability of the compound.
The valepotriates, antidepressants, are found very little in the pharmaceutical preparations, but the degradation products (baldrinals and other derivatives) are active. The hypotensive valéranone is 5 mg / kg.
Indications and uses VALERIANE ROOT CUT
Valerian is used in the following therapeutic indications:
- Excitations, insomnia, palpitations of nervous origin
- Neurotonic States and autonomic dystonia in adults and children
- Hyperfunction sympathetic alpha of prolonged stress
- Pituitary-adrenal response inadequate
- Sleep disorders especially insomnia of drowsiness associated with extracts of hops and lemon balm
- Anxiolytic and slightly anti-depressive, anxious ruminations, chronic exposure to stress, postural contractures stress (patient who loses foot), prevents memory loss in patients with depression
- Adjuvant in smoking cessation and in epilepsy (petit mal children)
Cons-indications with VALERIANE ROOT CUT
- An overdose of valerian can cause fatigue, hypotension, heavy headedness, mydriasis and abdominal pain
- Rare cases of hepatotoxicity
- Not recommended for children and pregnant women
- Toxicity valepotriates to 400 mg / kg
Its name comes from the Latin "valere" = "do well" (which gave "validity" and "con-convalescence"). Before the arrival of synthetic tranquilizers, valerian root was considered the most effective painkillers. In ancient Greece, Hippocrates and Dioscorides recommended it to treat insomnia.
Dosage VALERIANE ROOT CUT
antispasmodic and nerve sedative use: neurasthenia, neurosis, tachycardia, insomnia; infusion: 20 g / liter, infuse 15 minutes, drink several cups / day
Recommended associations with VALERIANE ROOT CUT
Passionflower, hawthorn, lemon balm
Botanical description VALERIANE ROOT CUT
- Native perennial herb of 0.40 to 2 m
- Stem erect, hollow, fluted
- Leaves in a rosette at the base, opposite on the stem, with many acute lobes toothed
- Pink or white flowers in cymes umbel
Pharmacology VALERIANE ROOT CUT
Active ingredients: Sesquiterpenes, sesquiterpene ketones, iridoids, alkaloids, lignans, GABA, flavonoids ET
Save time by using the quick order form. With a few clicks , you can easily order your favorite references.
Be fan of our Facebook page and get 5 % discount!
If you are not logged in to Facebook, please first log in and then refresh this page before clicking the Like button. Otherwise, you will not get your voucher.