Herbal Medicine offers solutions to treat plants. Whether it is to sleep better or as a slimming asset, herbal medicine; That is to say all medicinal plants, makes it possible to remedy everyday problems in a natural way. It is a solution that is both alternative and complementary to the treatments of classical medicine, increasingly in vogue and whose effectiveness is increasingly recognized. Here is in this article the different ways to use medicinal plants: herbal teas, powders and herbal extracts, Mother tinctures… « Medicinal plants are used to treat » minor pathologies « . From a certain point of time, it is necessary to know how to pass the hand to a health professional, a...See article
PASSIFLORE cut IPHYM Herb plant Passiflora incarnata L.
The advice of your pharmacist
Used for : opiate withdrawal
Available expedié in 2 - 3 business days
Warning: Last items in stock!
Availability date: 06/17/2013Preview the Shipping Fees
Free Shipping from 99€*
PASSIFLORE CUT PLANT IPHYM Herbalism Passiflora incarnata L.
Latin name: Passiflora incarnata L.
Other names: Passion flower, Granadilla
Properties PASSIFLORE CUT PLANT
Passionflower has sedative properties by the synergy of all components. It is anxiolytic, as the anxiolytic activity through an effect on GABAergic and opioid systems, chrysin. It is an antispasmodic and depressive plant by maltol (present in small quantities) which causes muscle relaxation. Beta-carbolines are central stimulants, MAOIs or hallucinogens (harmine is one of the alkaloids of Ayahuasca, Banisteriopsis caapi). 5,7-dihydroxyflavone is a ligand for the benzodiazepine receptors. Apigenin is a competitive ligand for the central benzodiazepine receptors. Passionflower is also sedative by the aqueous extract or anxiolytic by the hydro-alcoholic extract. The standardization of extracts is very important.
A derivative of alpha-naphthoflavone (7,8-benzoflavone) is an aromatase inhibitor.
Indications and uses PASSIFLORE CUT PLANT
passionflower is used in the following therapeutic indications:
- Anxiety and agitation
- Insomnia and sleep disorders by Vespers excitement, arousal
- Disorders of cardiac erethism in adults, neurotonic states in adults and children
- Hyperactive child unstable adult hyperactivity
- Psychogenic abdominal pain, colitis
- Neuropathic pain
PASSIFLORE dosage CUT PLANT
Infusion: 20 g / L, infuse 10 minutes, drink 3 cups a day, one at bedtime.
Usual daily dosage not to exceed 300 to 400 mg of extract per day (or equivalent).
Precautions and against indication with passionflower
- Rare adverse effects (tachycardia, nausea, vomiting, drowsiness)
- Contraindications pregnant women (alkaloids)
Botanical description PASSIFLORE CUT PLANT
- Sarmentous rods up to 9 meters, climbing with tendrils
- Leaf petiole divided into 3 oval-acute lobes, finely toothed
- Flowers large, solitary, regular, with white petals adorned inside a purple or pink filaments crown
Learn more about passionflower
In the south, Native Americans used the leaves in poultices to heal wounds and bruises.
As for fruit juice, they used it to treat eye pain. The crushed leaves were reputed to relieve hemorrhoids, burns and rashes.
Absent from several traditional treaties of medical material, passionflower has remained relatively unknown despite its sedative and calming real and its safety for the majority of people. In this regard, much better known valerian and hops, it nevertheless frequently accompanied in herbal preparations. Useful against insomnia, nervous states (anxiety, hysteria, palpitations), neurasthenia, mental excitement or epilepsy, it was also used to treat menopausal disorders. Antispasmodic and anodyne , it relieves neuralgia and spasmodic asthma.
Passionflower is still the subject of some recent studies; its anxiolytic properties seem on track to be confirmed. It would be particularly useful to treat extreme anxiety caused by the cessation of cannabis, opiates and alcohol. It is also believed that it can cure azoospermia, that is to say the absence of sperm in the semen, as well as infertility and decreased libido which often suffer big drinkers or smokers inveterate ...
Finally, passionflower have recently shown antitussive properties that would confirm its traditional use in asthma.
It takes the form of an infusion of the leaves on a one teaspoonful per cup of boiling water, infuse ten minutes. Take two or three cups a day between meals, one at bedtime.
How to make an infusion easily
For flowers, leaves, berries and essential oil seeds.
- Pour 500 ml of boiling water (removed from the heat as soon as boiling) 1 c. Coffee (3-5 g) of medicinal plant (or mixture of plants), then cover.
- Let steep for 3 to 5 minutes for fresh plants, and 5 to 15 minutes to dry the plants.
- Strain and drink the tea hot or not after adding a little honey or natural syrup.
Prepare your herbal teas and herbal infusions with low mineral water. Water plays an important role as it conveys the properties of plants.
Medicinal herbal drinks usually work best on an empty stomach. Often, herbal teas and infusions in small sips throughout the day are suggested to drink, but it is also possible to divide the daily dose medicinal plants in 2 or 3 doses. Indications are we simply taking the natural remedy required.
Active ingredients: Alkaloids indole, pyrone glycosides of flavones, flavonoids, phenolic acids, cyanogenic glycosides
Today No. 1 in pharmaceutical herbalism, the IPHYM PHARMA & PLANTES Group is a pharmaceutical establishment created in 1972, specialized in herbal medicine.
The mission of the laboratory Iphym: the well-being of all by medicinal plants.
- An integrated Quality Assurance and Quality Control laboratory.
- Maximum safety: a responsible pharmacist ensures compliance with pharmaceutical regulations.
- Traceability: control bulletin available for all products.
- AFSSAPS certification: we are regularly controlled by the French Agency for Sanitary Safety of Health Products which validates our status as a pharmaceutical laboratory.
- GMP certification: all our production teams are trained in Good Manufacturing Practices.
The Iphym laboratories are recognized by the ANSM as a pharmaceutical establishment since 1972
Specialists in herbal medicine, aromatherapy, and gemmotherapy for pharmacists and health professionals, IPHYM laboratories use their expertise and know-how to offer you a wide range of herbal products.
Develop, select, control and distribute are areas of expertise of Iphym Laboratories.
Iphym Santé: the reference of the herbalism in France
- Plants selected for their quality, efficiency, and purity
- A strategy firmly focused on quality
- A wide choice of single bulk plants or mixtures
- Iphym kits ready to use to help you start your herbalism business.
- A complete range of pharmaceutical grade powders
- A range of capsules of powders and dry extracts and soft capsules complete in 1000 and 5000 capsules.
- Products offered in small packaging ready for sale or in large packaging for the preparation.
Sale of medicinal plants in your bio pharmacy online
Our doctors in pharmacy, herbalist training, referenced plants from a rigorous selection, from around the world and produced according to precise specifications, to ensure optimal quality of active ingredients. Our medicinal plants are not treated and their quality is controlled at each stage of their production. Not coming from a mixture of different origins, each lot of medicinal plant is of homogeneous quality. The care taken in the drying and storage of medicinal plants, guarantees you an irreproachable quality. The constant renewal of our stock of medicinal plants guarantees maximum freshness at the best price.