Knotweed Pack 250 g
Sent in 5 in 7 working days
Warning: Last items in stock!
Availability date: 01/20/2013Preview the Shipping Fees - Free Shipping from 99€*
Knotweed Pack 250 g
The Knotweed is an annual plant that grows up to 50 cm high about. Its stems are lying on the ground, thin, ribbed and very green. The sheets are alternated. Flowers are small, gathered in groups, white or pale pink. They appear in June until November.
It is a hardy plant that can invest large areas very quickly. It is popular with farmers who use it to feed the pigs, as one of its common names attests. The Knotweed was used since ancient times and was used to treat tuberculosis. In herbal medicine, the whole plant is useful, but the parts are not collected at the same time of the year: the root will be during the fall months while the rest of the plant will be dried in the month of June.
The knotweed consists of tannin, essential oil, silica. It is found in Europe until about 2000 m altitude.
Astringent, diuretic, vulnerary, sedative, laxative.
Diabetes, diarrhea, Cellulite, Leucorrhoea, Wound.
The advice of our pharmacist herbalist to extract the active principles of plants:
How to make an infusion easily
For flowers, leaves, berries and seeds essential oil.
- Pour 500 ml of boiling water (removed from the heat once boiling) 1 c. Coffee (3-5 g) herb (or herb mixture), then cover.
- Let steep for 3 to 5 minutes for fresh plants, and 5 to 15 minutes to dry plants.
- Strain and drink the tea hot or not after adding some honey or natural syrup.
How to make a decoction easily
For roots, bark, leathery leaves and hard seeds (woody medicinal plants).
- Place 1 tsp. tablespoons (5-8 g) of the medicinal plant selected from a stainless steel pot (avoid aluminum) v and pour 1/2 liter of boiling water.
- Simmer 5 to 30 minutes and cover to prevent evaporation.
- Strain and drink the sweet tea or not within 24 hours. Keep cool.
Prepare your teas and herbal infusions with low mineral water. Water plays an important role as it conveys the properties of plants.
Drinks herbal generally act better on an empty stomach. Often, it is suggested to drink herbal infusions and teas in small sips throughout the day, but it is also possible to divide the daily dose of medicinal plants in 2 or 3 doses. Indications are simply taking the natural remedy if necessary.
Save time by using the quick order form. With a few clicks , you can easily order your favorite references.
Be fan of our Facebook page and get 5 % discount!
If you are not logged in to Facebook, please first log in and then refresh this page before clicking the Like button. Otherwise, you will not get your voucher.