Orange citron - Cut Sheet HERBORISTERIE
Latin name: Citrus aurantium L. variety amara
Common names: Bitter Orange, Bitter Orange
Parts used: Leaf
Origin: Spain, Mexico
Properties of Orange bigarade
The bitter orange to orange leaf has sedative properties of the central nervous system by monoterpene alcohols and esters. It is antispasmodic, and slightly hypnotic. It confers anti-cancer properties: tangeretin and nobiletin (flavonoids) that inhibit mutagenesis induced by carcinogens, and the division of cancer cells. Flavonoids are hypolipidemic (naringin and naringenin) enzyme inhibition (acyl-coenzyme A cholesterol acyltransferase and coenzyme-3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl A reductase). Flavonoids are inhibitors of adipocyte differentiation (naringin, hesperidin, poncirin, isosiennsetine, hexaméthoxyflavone, sineesytine, isoscutellaréine, nobiletin, heptaméthoxyflavone, 3-hydoxynobilétine, tangeretin, hydroxypentaméthoxyflavone).
Indication Orange bigarade
bigarade of orange feuile is used in the following therapeutic indications:
- Neurotonic States and sleep disorders minors
- Excellent sedative children
Botanical description of the Orange bigarade
- Tree of 4 to 5 m to glossy dark green leaves persistent
- Flower white, in axillary glomerulus, fragrant
- Fruit: smaller and darker than the sweet orange, rough skin, pulp and bitter acid
The advice of our pharmacist-herbalist to extract the active ingredients from plants:
How to make an infusion easily
For flowers, leaves, berries and essential oil seeds.
- Pour 500 ml of boiling water (removed from the heat as soon as boiling) 1 c. Coffee (3-5 g) of medicinal plant (or mixture of plants), then cover.
- Let steep for 3 to 5 minutes for fresh plants, and 5 to 15 minutes to dry the plants.
- Strain and drink the tea hot or not after adding a little honey or natural syrup.
How to make a decoction easily
For roots, bark, leathery leaves and hard seeds (woody medicinal plants).
- Place 1 c. tablespoons (5-8 g) of the medicinal plant chosen in a stainless steel pan (avoid aluminum) v and pour 1/2 liter of boiling water.
- Simmer 5 to 30 minutes and cover to prevent evaporation.
- Filter and drink sweet tea or not within 24 hours. Keep cool.
Prepare your herbal teas and herbal infusions with low mineral water. Water plays an important role as it conveys the properties of plants.
Medicinal herbal drinks usually work best on an empty stomach. Often, herbal teas and infusions in small sips throughout the day are suggested to drink, but it is also possible to divide the daily dose medicinal plants in 2 or 3 doses. Indications are we simply taking the natural remedy required.