nettle leaf HERBORISTERIE
digestive comfort, tonsillitis, Heavy Periods, enteritis, Fibroids, Skin Diseases, Gallstones.
The advice of your pharmacist
Warning: Last items in stock!
Availability date: 06/17/2013Preview the Shipping Fees
Free Shipping from 129€*
nettle leaf HERBORISTERIE
Latin name: Urtica dioica L.
Other names: pungent, Nettle Nettle, Common Nettle, Nettle perennial nettle red
Part used: Leaf
Properties of nettle
Nettle leaf has diuretic properties, it eliminates urea, uric acid and chlorides. It is antigoutteuse, and results in a moderate decrease in blood pressure. It is a "purifying" and a bile duct, which would stimulate the enzyme production of the pancreas. This plant is antirheumatic, preventive arteriosclerosis and anti-allergic. The caféolymalique acid would be an antirheumatic active ingredients, as an inhibitor of the biosynthesis of cyclooxygenase. Nettle is anti-inflammatory, analgesic, anti-microbial and anti-ulcer. In addition, it has anti-anemic properties (stimulates hematopoiesis), formerly industrial source of chlorophyll (although it does not contain more than other leaves). It is also a remineralizing. Nettle leaf is also hepatoprotective and antioxydante.C'est hypoglycemic plant by inhibiting the intestinal absorption of glucose, and by stimulating the insulin secretion from the islets of Langerhans. It is anti-allergic, with an anti-inflammatory effect. It is also an immunostimulant activity by the function of neutrophils (flavonoids).
Nettle leaf is used in the following therapeutic indications:
- Moderate Acne, hyperseborrhoea
- Painful joints (not a powerful anti-inflammatory, is mainly used in drainage in rheumatic diseases)
- Hair Loss: rubefacient properties, activation of the hair metabolism
Leaves of nettle
The nettle leaves are known for their anti-inflammatory properties that help to fight against joint pain and acne. Rich in zinc, minerals, trace elements and vitamin B, it is a good option as part of a natural treatment. It is a purifying plant because it allows the body to get rid of toxins and to be purified. Thus, due to its alkalizing and detoxifying functions, nettle cleanses the body naturally. Nettle also inhibits the secretion of sebum and is highly recommended for oily skin.
Dosage of the nettle
- Complementary Therapy for rheumatic conditions, inflammatory disease of the urinary tract, preventive drainage and treatment of kidney stones
Infusion: 10 g / 500 ml, infuse 10 min drink 1 cup before breakfast, 1 cup 30 minutes before main meals and 1 cup afternoon
Botanical description of the nettle
- Herb, perennial, dioecious, 1 m high
- Covered quadrangular stem stinging hairs
- Dark green leaves, very hairy, pointed at the tip of blade
- Flower small, greenish, unisexual branched cluster
The advice of our pharmacist-herbalist to extract the active ingredients from plants:
How to make an infusion easily
For flowers, leaves, berries and essential oil seeds.
- Pour 500 ml of boiling water (removed from the heat as soon as boiling) 1 c. Coffee (3-5 g) of medicinal plant (or mixture of plants), then cover.
- Let steep for 3 to 5 minutes for fresh plants, and 5 to 15 minutes to dry the plants.
- Strain and drink the tea hot or not after adding a little honey or natural syrup.
How to make a decoction easily
For roots, bark, leathery leaves and hard seeds (woody medicinal plants).
- Place 1 c. tablespoons (5-8 g) of the medicinal plant chosen in a stainless steel pan (avoid aluminum) v and pour 1/2 liter of boiling water.
- Simmer 5 to 30 minutes and cover to prevent evaporation.
- Filter and drink sweet tea or not within 24 hours. Keep cool.
Prepare your herbal teas and herbal infusions with low mineral water. Water plays an important role as it conveys the properties of plants.
Medicinal herbal drinks usually work best on an empty stomach. Often, herbal teas and infusions in small sips throughout the day are suggested to drink, but it is also possible to divide the daily dose medicinal plants in 2 or 3 doses. Indications are we simply taking the natural remedy required.