Herbal Medicine offers solutions to treat plants. Whether it is to sleep better or as a slimming asset, herbal medicine; That is to say all medicinal plants, makes it possible to remedy everyday problems in a natural way. It is a solution that is both alternative and complementary to the treatments of classical medicine, increasingly in vogue and whose effectiveness is increasingly recognized. Here is in this article the different ways to use medicinal plants: herbal teas, powders and herbal extracts, Mother tinctures… « Medicinal plants are used to treat » minor pathologies « . From a certain point of time, it is necessary to know how to pass the hand to a health professional, a...See article
HARPAGOPHYTUM Racine cut IPHYM Herbalism Harpagophytum procumbens
Harpagophytum has anti-inflammatory properties, stimulates the function of the liver and gallbladder, acts on prostate trouble, lowers cholesterol and uric acid.
The advice of your pharmacist
Available expedié in 2 - 3 business days
Warning: Last items in stock!
Availability date: 06/17/2013Preview the Shipping Fees
Free Shipping from 99€*
HARPAGOPHYTUM Racine cut IPHYM Herbalism Harpagophytum procumbens
Latin name: Harpagophytum procumbens DC.
Family: Pedaliaceae, Pedaliaceae
Common Names: Devil's claw, Roots Windhoek
Parts used: Roots
Origin: plant native to South Africa, where it was widely used by "witches".
The term "Devil's Claw" Harpagos the Greek, "grapple" comes from the fact that animals who are injured while walking on the covered fruit hooks, jump and shake furiously under the influence of pain and seem to perform wild dance.
Properties HARPAGOPHYTUM ROOT CUT
- Slight analgesic effect
Harpagophytum is anti-inflammatory, anti-rheumatic, analgesic.
Indications and Uses of HARPAGOPHYTUM ROOT
- Rheumatism (arthritis, osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis or back pain)
- Joint pain (gout, some myalgia, lumbago, chronic back pain)
- Joint Flexibility
- Supports multiple joint disorders, including resistant to conventional anti-inflammatory drugs (back pain or arthritis in Lyme disease for example).
Harpagophytum treats osteoarthritis of the hip and back pain, stimulates bile functions, strengthens liver function affects the prostate trouble, lowers cholesterol and uric acid.
Devil's claw is sometimes used in external treatment for the joints, but some wounds, ulcers, boils and other skin lesions.
Harpagophytum procumbens is a recognized medicinal plant whose root is enshrined in the European Pharmacopoeia with the indication "traditionally used in the symptomatic treatment of minor painful joint manifestations." For its part, the British Herbal Pharmacopoeia recognizes Devil's Claw the analgesic properties (tested in mice and rats in the laboratory), sedative but also diuretic.
Dosage of HARPAGOPHYTUM ROOT
Prepare your teas and herbal infusions with low mineral water. Water plays an important role because it conveys the properties of plants.
How to make a decoction of the root harpagophytum
For root (woody medicinal plants).
- Place 1 c. tablespoon (5-8 grams) of chopped root in a stainless steel pan (avoid aluminum) v and pour 1/2 liter of boiling water.
- Let stand for 8 hours and cover to prevent evaporation.
- Strain and drink the sweet tea or not within 24 hours. Keep cool.
Medicinal herbal drinks usually work best on an empty stomach. Often, infusions and teas in small sips throughout the day is suggested to drink, but it is also possible to divide the daily dose medicinal plants in 2 or 3 doses. Indications are that one simply takes the natural remedy if necessary.
Use this plant as if the kidneys do not show any damage.
Recommended associations with HARPAGOPHYTUM
Botanical Description HARPAGOPHYTUM
- Perennial herb with its root
- Underground Parties, maze developed roots tubérifiéesimportant: 1 m deep
- Stem crawling on the floor
- Trumpet flower, purplish red
Pharmacology HARPAGOPHYTUM ROOT
More molecules of interest harpagophytum (H and H. procumbens zeyheri) could be active principles: harpagoside (significant peripheral analgesic effect), 8-p-coumaroylharpagide, 8-féruloylharpagide, 8-cinnamoylmyoporoside, the pagoside, acteoside the isoactéoside, 6'-O-acetylacteoside, cinnamic acid, caffeic acid.
The combination of several of these molecules may explain the anti-inflammatory and anti-pain harpagophytum, but it is also possible (but to demonstrate) that some of these molecules are modified during the digestion process to become more active .
Today No. 1 in pharmaceutical herbalism, the IPHYM PHARMA & PLANTES Group is a pharmaceutical establishment created in 1972, specialized in herbal medicine.
The mission of the laboratory Iphym: the well-being of all by medicinal plants.
- An integrated Quality Assurance and Quality Control laboratory.
- Maximum safety: a responsible pharmacist ensures compliance with pharmaceutical regulations.
- Traceability: control bulletin available for all products.
- AFSSAPS certification: we are regularly controlled by the French Agency for Sanitary Safety of Health Products which validates our status as a pharmaceutical laboratory.
- GMP certification: all our production teams are trained in Good Manufacturing Practices.
The Iphym laboratories are recognized by the ANSM as a pharmaceutical establishment since 1972
Specialists in herbal medicine, aromatherapy, and gemmotherapy for pharmacists and health professionals, IPHYM laboratories use their expertise and know-how to offer you a wide range of herbal products.
Develop, select, control and distribute are areas of expertise of Iphym Laboratories.
Iphym Santé: the reference of the herbalism in France
- Plants selected for their quality, efficiency, and purity
- A strategy firmly focused on quality
- A wide choice of single bulk plants or mixtures
- Iphym kits ready to use to help you start your herbalism business.
- A complete range of pharmaceutical grade powders
- A range of capsules of powders and dry extracts and soft capsules complete in 1000 and 5000 capsules.
- Products offered in small packaging ready for sale or in large packaging for the preparation.
Sale of medicinal plants in your bio pharmacy online
Our doctors in pharmacy, herbalist training, referenced plants from a rigorous selection, from around the world and produced according to precise specifications, to ensure optimal quality of active ingredients. Our medicinal plants are not treated and their quality is controlled at each stage of their production. Not coming from a mixture of different origins, each lot of medicinal plant is of homogeneous quality. The care taken in the drying and storage of medicinal plants, guarantees you an irreproachable quality. The constant renewal of our stock of medicinal plants guarantees maximum freshness at the best price.