WALNUT COLA CUT IPHYM Herbalism Cola nitida / C. acuminata
Latin name: Cola nitida / C. acuminata
Common Names: Cola cola kola
Used parts: Nut
Origin: West Africa
Properties WALNUT COLA CUT
The kola nut contains caffeine, whose effects are more gradual than those of pure molecular caffeine. The pharmacokinetics of caffeine showed a side effect on the heart muscle (increased heart rate) and central nervous system (stimulation and excitement).
Experimentation of an extract of Kola nuts shows a lower peak concentration, it is now longer (lower curve but identical surface explaining a toxic effect threshold not reached). This phenomenon is explained by the affinity of tannins alkaloids, which form a delayed release caffeine complex with Kola in totum. It has adaptogenic properties. It is a plant that also stimulates the nervous system and increases blood pressure. It is an exciting brain (it helps in cases of excessive intellectual work). It is also diuretic.
Indications and uses WALNUT COLA CUT
The kola nut is used in particular for its stimulant properties but also has antidepressant properties. It is reputed aid digestion and to have aphrodisiac properties. including using the species Cola acuminata and Cola nitida. It has a bitter taste due to its high content of xanthines (caffeine especially, but also kolatine and kolatéine that soften the action of caffeine).
Cons-indications with KOLA NUTS CUT
- Notice to athletes and people looking to lose weight by abusing supplements contain caffeine in large amounts: a caffeine intoxication may cause rhabdomyolysis, a condition that can cause serious and irreversible muscle damage
- Not recommended for people with heart disease, insomnia, anxiety disorders, gastric or duodenal ulcers or high blood pressure
- Not advised for pregnant or lactating women
- For adults
- Taken in large quantities, caffeine can cause nausea, vomiting, high blood pressure, heart palpitations, arrhythmia, rapid breathing, muscle cramps and headaches
- The prolonged consumption of caffeine is addictive. Withdrawal can cause headaches, irritability, nervousness, anxiety, drowsiness, dizziness and confusion
- Chewing large quantities of kola nuts can cause cancer of the mouth
- Do not combine with other cola drinks or foods containing caffeine
- The caffeine in cola can:
- increase the analgesic such as acetaminophen and acetylsalicylic acid, but also substantially increase the absorption (about 40%), which can be dangerous in the case of acetaminophen (liver toxicity)
- reduce the effects of sedatives and tranquillizers such as benzodiazepines
- increasing side effects, including cardiac effects of theophylline and bronchodilators
- increasing side effects associated with central nervous system stimulants like ephedrine
- Cimetidine. This drug prescribed to patients with peptic ulcers has the effect of significantly slow elimination of caffeine in the body, which may increase the side effects of the latter
- Clozapine. Caffeine can exacerbate the effects and toxicity of neuroleptic
- Antacids. Caffeine can counteract the effect of antacids because it stimulates the production of acid by the stomach
- Alendronate. Caffeine can inhibit the absorption of the drug for preventing and treating osteoporosis. Avoid taking caffeine 2 hours before and after taking the drug
- Anticoagulant / antiplatelet. Caffeine can increase the risk of bleeding in people treated with anticoagulants
- Nicotine. Caffeine can increase the risk of nicotine dependence
- Halofantrine. kola nut consumption can impair the effectiveness of halofantrine, a medicine against malaria
- Other. Because they increase the levels of caffeine in the blood, alcohol, oral contraceptives, estrogen and certain antibiotics (disulfiram, riluzole, terbinafine, verapamil, fluvoxamine) may increase adverse effects. The interaction of cola with alcohol may increase the risk of vision problems and, therefore, the risk of road accident
Dosage WALNUT COLA CUT
Decoction; Boil 1 g to 3 g of dried powder in 150 ml water for 5 to 10 minutes. Drink 1 to 3 cups per day.
Botanical description WALNUT COLA CUT
It is a medium sized tree that grows in equatorial zones of West Africa: Nigeria, Gabon, Sierra Leone. Its fruits are follicles and wood grouped stars. They contain 5 to 10 seeds per follicle.
Cola nut is consumed fresh in Africa as a masticatory.
Pharmacology WALNUT COLA CUT
Active ingredients: Caffeine, polyphenols
Save time by using the quick order form. With a few clicks , you can easily order your favorite references.
Be fan of our Facebook page and get 5 % discount!
If you are not logged in to Facebook, please first log in and then refresh this page before clicking the Like button. Otherwise, you will not get your voucher.