744 155 2
St. John's Wort - Plant cut package 250g
The advice of your pharmacist
Sent in 5 in 7 working days
Warning: Last items in stock!
Availability date: 01/20/2013Preview the Shipping Fees - Free Shipping from 99€*
St. John's Wort - Plant cut package 250g
CUT IPHYM MILLEPERTUIS luminary Herb Hypericum perforatum L.
Latin name: Hypericum perforatum L.
Common Names: Grass with a thousand holes drilled Grass, Grass stings, Chasse-devil, Grass of St. John
Parts used: Flowering top
Properties MILLEPERTUIS luminary CUT
St. John's Wort has antidepressant properties, the activity is related to inhibition of the reuptake of neurotransmitters (serotonin especially dopamine, noradrenaline) and moderate interaction with the GABA-A receptors (mainly hyperforin). It is anxiolytic, sedative even with free extracts of hyperforin. The naphtodianthrones are highly reactive in the presence of light and it is these that give the red color of the oil, hyperforin would be the most serious candidate. The amentoflavone binds to the benzodiazepine receptor. The antidepressant effect is probably due to synergy between different substances. Hypericin is sedative and melatoninergic, it could fight against cytomegalovirus and herpes simplex. It is a neuroprotective plant. The hyperoside acts on human brain tumors, and induces inhibition of tumor growth of leukemic cells and of brain glioblastoma cells. St. John's wort is as serotonin and melatoninergic (leads to an increase in melatonin levels). There is a modest vis-à-vis behavioral stressors activity.
A meta-analysis reported in 1996 the results of 27 trials (1757 patients on overall) comparing St. John's wort or placebo with either active treatment. It suggests that St. John's wort was more effective than placebo and as effective as tricyclic antidepressants (TCAs) in low doses in the treatment of depression. Its mechanism of action appears to be similar to that of conventional antidepressants: inhibition of monoamine reuptake.
A test double blind on 324 patients suffering from mild to moderate depression were treated with an alcoholic extract to 0.2% hypericin showed a similar efficacy to 50 mg of imipramine twice daily, another study showed as effective as imipramine, with better tolerance.
Products based powder Millepertuis to consume orally, sold without a medical prescription, are currently marketed in France illegally.
St. John's Wort is also anti-inflammatory, analgesic, bile duct and digestive. Externally, it is antiseptic, astringent, healing and vulnerary.
Indications and uses MILLEPERTUIS luminary CUT
St. John's wort is used in the following therapeutic indications:
- Depressive states (mild to moderate depression), especially winter seasonal affective disorder, and occurring in nervous fatigue and physiological conditions such as menopause
- Wounds and burns, sunburn (externally)
Cons-indications and precaution for use with luminary MILLEPERTUIS CUT
- Interactions with drugs "low therapeutic index," including antiretroviral (anti-HIV, such as indinavir), digoxin, theophylline, vitamin K, cyclosporin, oral contraceptives, antidepressants IRS , amitriptyline, cyclosporine, fexofenadine, indinavir, methadone, midazolam, nevirapine, phenprocoumon, simvastatin, tacrolimus, warfarin. These interactions are related to enzyme induction of cytochrome P450 and induction of membrane P-glycoprotein
- Possible reduction of the effect of the drug secondary to a decrease in the plasma concentration as a result of the possible induction of CYP2C9, CYP3A4 and CYP1A2
- Interaction with protease inhibitors and transcriptase, immunosuppressive cyclosporin and tacrolimus, irinotecan, imatinib, low-dose hormonal contraceptives, serotonergic antidepressants induction of cytochrome P450 CYP3A4 (hyperforin) and P-glycoprotein (hypericin)
- A sudden stop taking St. John's wort can thus also result in increased plasma concentrations of these drugs
- St. John's wort gradually and powerfully induced CYP3A4 activity, elimination of ethinyl estradiol, a major substrate of CYP3A4, will be greatly accelerated in the presence of St. John's wort, therefore, the contraceptive effect is no longer assured and it will provide a another method of contraception
Any compounding same homeopathic Hypericum MUST behave on the packaging the words: "Caution, risk of drug interactions. The combination of this preparation St. John's wort with other medications can cause a decrease in their effectiveness. Conversely, a sudden interruption of taking the wort intake can increase the toxicity of these drugs. Ask your doctor or pharmacist."
Dosage MILLEPERTUIS luminary CUT
- Antidepressant Action serotonin. privileged indication in seasonal depressions.
Infusion: pour boiling water over 2 g of chopped plant, cover and let stand 10-15 minutes then strain
Botanical description MILLEPERTUIS luminary CUT
- Common Grass growing on roadsides
- Leaves small, oblong, dotted with black around the edges and with the entire limb many small translucent secretory pockets, visible transparency as perforations
- Flowers yellow petals edged with black glandular hairs
Pharmacology MILLEPERTUIS luminary CUT
Active ingredients: Pigments of red anthrones group derived phenolic compounds phloroglucinol, flavonoids, bioflavonoids, xanthones, tannins and proanthocyanidins ET
Save time by using the quick order form. With a few clicks , you can easily order your favorite references.
Be fan of our Facebook page and get 5 % discount!
If you are not logged in to Facebook, please first log in and then refresh this page before clicking the Like button. Otherwise, you will not get your voucher.