Herbal Medicine offers solutions to treat plants. Whether it is to sleep better or as a slimming asset, herbal medicine; That is to say all medicinal plants, makes it possible to remedy everyday problems in a natural way. It is a solution that is both alternative and complementary to the treatments of classical medicine, increasingly in vogue and whose effectiveness is increasingly recognized. Here is in this article the different ways to use medicinal plants: herbal teas, powders and herbal extracts, Mother tinctures… « Medicinal plants are used to treat » minor pathologies « . From a certain point of time, it is necessary to know how to pass the hand to a health professional, a...See article
LEMON Cut Sheet IPHYM Herbalism Cymbopogon flexuosus
Grown for its stalks and leaves with aromatic qualities (to taste lemon) lemon grass contains citronellol.
The advice of your pharmacist
Available expedié in 2 - 3 business days
Warning: Last items in stock!
Availability date: 06/17/2013Preview the Shipping Fees
Free Shipping from 99€*
LEMON Cut Sheet IPHYM Herbalism Cymbopogon flexuosus
Latin names: Cymbopogon citratus, C.flexuosus
Family: Poaceae, grasses
Other names: Lemon grass
Medicinal properties of Lemongrass
Lemongrass is a Medicinal Plant used for internal use as a sedative and digestive and externally to fight against insect bites or mosquitoes. This is also a sedative, an anti-bacterial, an anti-inflammatory.
- Against rheumatism and sprains
- Digestive and sedation (infusion)
- Mosquitoes: burn dry leaves
Pharmacology of Lemongrass
Citral, 1,8-cineole (eucalyptol) and other monoterpenes present in the essential oil of citronella in a certain proportion, also demonstrated their effectiveness as repellents and insecticides to houseflies and allow the production of insecticides trade with almost no toxicity to humans.
The advice of our pharmacist herbalist to extract active ingredients from plants:
How to make an infusion easily
For flowers, leaves, berries and seeds for essential oil.
- Pour 500 ml of boiling water (removed from the heat as soon as boiling) 1 tsp. Coffee (3-5 g) of medicinal plant (or mixture of plants), then cover.
- Let steep for 3 to 5 minutes for fresh plants, and 5 to 15 minutes to dry plants.
- Strain and drink the tea hot or not after adding a bit of honey or natural syrup.
Prepare your teas and herbal infusions with low mineral water. Water plays an important role as it conveys the properties of plants.
Drinks herbal generally act better on an empty stomach. Often, it is suggested to drink herbal teas and herbal teas in small sips throughout the day, but it is also possible to divide the daily dose of medicinal plants in 2 or 3 doses. Indications are that it simply takes the natural remedy if necessary.
Origin of Lemongrass
Traditionally, we also extract an essential oil used as a repellent against mosquitoes. In Central Africa, lemongrass is traditionally planted around houses because the smell would repel mosquitoes.
Native to tropical Asia (Sri Lanka and India) plant for C.flexuosus while the variety C. Citratus comes mainly from Malaysia and Indonesia.
It is a tropical perennial plant that grows in moist sunny climate.
Herbaceous plant with long linear leaves, erect, 90 cm to 2 m long, rough and sharp edges, rather pale bluish green color. Hollow rods, the bulbous base, wrapped in the leaf sheath.
Today No. 1 in pharmaceutical herbalism, the IPHYM PHARMA & PLANTES Group is a pharmaceutical establishment created in 1972, specialized in herbal medicine.
The mission of the laboratory Iphym: the well-being of all by medicinal plants.
- An integrated Quality Assurance and Quality Control laboratory.
- Maximum safety: a responsible pharmacist ensures compliance with pharmaceutical regulations.
- Traceability: control bulletin available for all products.
- AFSSAPS certification: we are regularly controlled by the French Agency for Sanitary Safety of Health Products which validates our status as a pharmaceutical laboratory.
- GMP certification: all our production teams are trained in Good Manufacturing Practices.
The Iphym laboratories are recognized by the ANSM as a pharmaceutical establishment since 1972
Specialists in herbal medicine, aromatherapy, and gemmotherapy for pharmacists and health professionals, IPHYM laboratories use their expertise and know-how to offer you a wide range of herbal products.
Develop, select, control and distribute are areas of expertise of Iphym Laboratories.
Iphym Santé: the reference of the herbalism in France
- Plants selected for their quality, efficiency, and purity
- A strategy firmly focused on quality
- A wide choice of single bulk plants or mixtures
- Iphym kits ready to use to help you start your herbalism business.
- A complete range of pharmaceutical grade powders
- A range of capsules of powders and dry extracts and soft capsules complete in 1000 and 5000 capsules.
- Products offered in small packaging ready for sale or in large packaging for the preparation.
Sale of medicinal plants in your bio pharmacy online
Our doctors in pharmacy, herbalist training, referenced plants from a rigorous selection, from around the world and produced according to precise specifications, to ensure optimal quality of active ingredients. Our medicinal plants are not treated and their quality is controlled at each stage of their production. Not coming from a mixture of different origins, each lot of medicinal plant is of homogeneous quality. The care taken in the drying and storage of medicinal plants, guarantees you an irreproachable quality. The constant renewal of our stock of medicinal plants guarantees maximum freshness at the best price.