Heavy legs are a common syndrome, especially in women, and usually aggravated with summer heats. If the hereditary factor exists, venous insufficiency is not inevitable and herbal medicine offers a range of remedies to alleviate this phenomenon and the pain generated. Origins and symptoms of heavy legs and venous insufficiency Due to altered or dysfunctional venous valves (types of small flaps that promote blood flow from bottom to top), venous insufficiency is characterized by a poor return of blood flow to the heart. There is therefore a venous hyperpressure located in the lower limbs. The most common symptoms of heavy legs are varicose veins, a feeling of stiff legs with sometimes...See article
Daflon 500 mg is a non-prescription medication recommended for venous circulation disorders such as heavy legs and hemorrhoidal crisis.
The advice of your pharmacist
Warning: Last items in stock!
Availability date: 03/6/2013Preview the Shipping Fees
Free Shipping from 129€*
DAFLON 500 MG VENOUS CIRCULATION HEMORROIDS 60 CAPSULES
For warnings, precautions for use and contraindications, please consult the DAFLON 500MG user manual.
- Daflon 500 is a natural medicine advised dan s treatment of symptoms related to poor blood circulation, also called venous insufficiency. These symptoms include heavy, painful legs and impatience.
- Daflon 500mg is a non-prescription medication indicated for the treatment of symptoms related to hemorrhoidal crisis . These symptoms include bleeding, itching, and anal pain.
Indication of Daflon 500mg
- Treatment of manifestations of chronic venous insufficiency of the lower limbs, functional or organic: feeling of heaviness; pain; night cramps; edema; trophic disorders.
- Treatment of the acute attack of hemorrhoidal disease, proposed in the background treatment of functional and objective manifestations of hemorrhoidal disease.
Directions for use with the drug Daflon 500 mg
Daflon dosage in case of venous disease
Usual dosage : 2 tablets per day in one take or two separate doses, with meals.
In case of chronic pathology, it is possible to combine this treatment with L28 LEHNING oral drops , homeopathic treatment for venous circulation disorders (varicose veins, varicose ulcers, hemorrhoids).
Daflon dosage in case of Hemorrhoidal Disease
Acute crisis : 6 tablets per day for the first four days, then 4 tablets per day for three days, then consolidate by:
Background treatment: 2 tablets per day.
In the case of large hemorrhoids, we recommend the concomitant use of an anti-inflammatory and anesthetic cream such as Sedorrhoide Rectal Cream and Sedorroid suppository for cases of pruritic internal hemorrhoids.
Composition of Daflon 500mg Hemorrhoid
Daflon 500mg Hemorrhoid is a natural drug without prescription. Indeed, its manufacture begins with the harvest of immature oranges rich in active substances. These substances are extracted and then transformed into daflon 500 after several pharmaceutical stages.
Daflon 500 is composed of a micronized purified flavonoic fraction corresponding to 90% of diosmin, and 10% of effective flavonoids (expressed in hesperidin), expertly dosed and obtained by hemi-synthesis.
Excipients: sodium arboxymethyl starch, microcrystalline cellulose, gelatin, magnesium stearate, talc. Film coating: glycerol, hypromellose, macrogol 6000, sodium lauryl sulfate, magnesium stearate, yellow iron oxide (E 172), red iron oxide (E 172), titanium dioxide (E 171).
Precaution for use of Daflon 500mg Venous Circulation
- Food supplements should be used as part of a healthy lifestyle and should not be used as a substitute for a varied and balanced diet.
- Ask your pharmacist or doctor for advice.
Undesirable effects : Some cases of banal digestive disorders and neurovegetative disorders have been described: - Gastrointestinal disorders: diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, dyspepsia; - Neurovegetative disorders: dizziness, headache, malaise.
Contraindications : Hypersensitivity to diosmin or to any of the excipients in the product.
Presentation of the drug Daflon
The non-prescription drug Daflon 500mg comes in a box of 60 film-coated tablets.
The price of the drug without prescription daflon 500 mg is free in pharmacy.
Our expert pharmacy advice for Daflon 500
- Keep regular physical activity and drink at least 1.5 liters of water per day (mineralized water).
- Avoid industrial fruit juices, sodas and other sugary drinks.
- Cultivate sleep.
- Protect your eyes from projections, trauma, light and radiation by wearing suitable glasses.
- Increase your consumption of dried fruits, non-roasted and unsalted oil seeds, blue fish from cold seas (by checking their origin!), Shellfish, crustaceans, pulses, cereals, fruits and vegetables in general.
- Make sure you have a regular but not excessive intake of calcium-rich dairy products: dry cheeses, yogurts, fresh cheeses.
Learn more about the different pathologies of venous circulation .
- Heaviness in the legs or calves is a particular feeling of heaviness in the legs, generally greater at the end of the day, in case of high heat, when standing or sitting for a long time, or when the calf is compressed in clothes or shoes that are too tight.
- Phlebalgia is pain specific to a venous path and can result in stitches in the path of the veins.
- Lower extremity cramps appear in 30% of venous diseases and are characterized by a lasting and abnormal contraction of a leg muscle, reflecting poor drainage of oxygen-depleted blood.
- Impatience is a feeling of numbness defined as an urge to move your legs during prolonged stationary stations, forcing you to get up.
DAFLON: how it works
VEINOTONIC and VASCULOPROTECTIVE (causes veinoconstriction, increased resistance of the vessels and a decrease in their permeability).
- In pharmacology: Daflon has a double action on the return venous system:
- in the veins and venules, it increases the parietal tone and exerts an antistasis action;
- at the level of microcirculation, it increases capillary resistance and normalizes capillary permeability.
- In clinical pharmacology: these properties have been confirmed in humans by methods allowing to objectify and quantify the activity of Daflon.
- Phlebotonic activity:
Gas plethysmography with venous occlusion and impedance rheoplethysmography demonstrated, in controlled studies, statistically significantly (p <0.001) an increase in venotonicity, as well as a decrease in venous stasis under Daflon.
The Xenon 133 clearance technique showed, under Daflon: a statistically significant increase in effective venous pressure (p <0.001);
Attention, the drug DAFLON 500MG is not a product like the others. Read the package leaflet carefully before ordering. Keep medicines out of the reach of children. If symptoms persist, seek the advice of your doctor or pharmacist. Beware of incompatibilities on your current products.
- Please inform your online pharmacist of the treatments in progress in order to identify any incompatibilities. The order validation form contains a personalized message field provided for this purpose.
- Click here to find the leaflet for this medication on the website of the National Agency for the Safety of Medicines and Health Products.
- Pharmacovigilance : Declare one or more undesirable effect (s) linked to the use of a drug.
Vasculoprotective and venotonic
DAFLON 500 mg: tablet (salmon); box of 30.
Not refunded - Free price -
DAFLON 500 mg: tablet (salmon); box of 60.
Not refunded - Free price -
DAFLON 500 mg: tablet (salmon); box of 120.
Not refunded - Free price -
DAFLON 1000 mg: tablet (salmon); box of 18.
Not refunded - Free price -
Les Servier Laboratory
|p cp||p cp|
|Purified flavonoids||500 mg||1000 mg|
|either Diosmine||450 mg||900 mg|
|either hesperidin||50 mg||100 mg|
veinotonic and a vascular protector. It stimulates the circulation of blood in the veins and fights against the deterioration of the capillary vessels .
It is used in symptomatic treatment:
- heavy legs, impatience and other disorders related to poor venous or lymphatic circulation (500 mg tablet);
- hemorrhoid attacks (500 mg and 1000 mg tablets).
The treatment of venous insufficiency is based on specific measures such as wearing compression stockings.
Pain, anal bleeding that persists despite treatment may be due to a disease other than hemorrhoids and requires medical advice. Likewise, any anal bleeding occurring in a person over 50 years old should be the subject of a medical consultation.
Little is known about the effect of this medication during pregnancy. The evaluation of the possible risk linked to its use is individual: ask your pharmacist or doctor for advice.
This medication is not recommended during breastfeeding.
Usual dosage:Venous insufficiency : 1 500 mg tablet, noon and evening.
Hemorrhoids crisis: 6 tablets of 500 mg or 3 tablets of 1000 mg per day for the first 4 days, then 4 tablets of 500 mg or 2 tablets of 1000 mg per day for 3 days.
Chronic constipation and excessive pushing are the main factors triggering hemorrhoid attacks. A diet rich in dietary fiber, abundant drinks and regular physical exercise limit the risk.
Uncommon: inflammation of the colon.
Rare: dizziness, headache, malaise, itching, rash, hives.
Exceptionally: isolated swelling of the face, eyelids or lips, angioedema .
Abnormal dilation of a vein in the anus or rectum that develops either outside or inside. It can cause bleeding.
Painful sensations localized in the legs. They are manifested, generally at bedtime, by a feeling of discomfort, an irrepressible need to move the legs.
Inability of the leg veins to draw blood up to the heart.
Concerning the lymph, colorless liquid circulating in specific vessels and the accumulation of which causes edema.
Inflammation of a deep vein with the formation of a blood clot, usually affecting the legs. The severity of phlebitis is linked to the possibility of a displacement of the clot which can migrate to the heart and then obstruct an artery in the lungs (pulmonary embolism). A paraphlebitis, or superficial phlebitis, is the inflammation of a superficial vein; it is much less worrying.
edema deAllergic reaction usually affecting the face. Quincke's edema results in sometimes spectacular swelling. The eyelids are often the first affected. In the rare cases where edema affects the throat, respiratory problems may occur and urgent treatment is necessary.
Treatment that suppresses or alleviates the symptoms of an illness without addressing its cause.
Blood vessels thinner than hair (hence their name) which irrigate cells.
Regarding blood vessels: arteries and veins.
Designates a drug which has the property of increasing the tone of the wall.
Click here to find the record of this drug on the website of the National Agency for the Safety of Medicines and Health Products.
Pharmacovigilance : Report an adverse effect (s) related to the use of a drug
ANSM - Updated on: 14/01/2019
DAFLON 500 mg film-coated tablet.
Micronized purified flavonoic fraction
Read all of this leaflet carefully before taking this medicine as it contains important information for you.
You should always take this medicine by carefully following the information provided in this leaflet or by your doctor or pharmacist.
· Keep this leaflet. You might need to read it again.
· Ask your pharmacist for advice or information .
· If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor or pharmacist. This also applies to any side effect that is not mentioned in this leaflet. See section 4.
· You should talk to your doctor if you do not feel better or if you feel worse.
1. What DAFLON 500 mg film-coated tablet is and what it is used for
2. What you need to know before you take DAFLON 500 mg film-coated tablet?
3. How to take DAFLON 500 mg film-coated tablet?
4. What are the possible side effects?
5. How to store DAFLON 500 mg film-coated tablet?
6. Contents of the pack and other information.
Pharmacotherapeutic group: VASCULOPROTECTORS / MEDICAMENTS ACTING ON CAPILLARIES / BIOFLAVONOIDS - ATC code: C05CA53: cardiovascular system
This medication is a veinotonic (it increases the tone of the veins), and a vasculoprotective (it increases the resistance of small blood vessels).
It is recommended in the treatment of venous circulation disorders (heavy legs, pain, impatience of the primo-decubitus) and in the treatment of functional signs related to the hemorrhoidal crisis.
Do not take DAFLON 500 mg film-coated tablet:
· if you are allergic to the micronized purified flavonoids fraction or to any of the other ingredients of this medicine (listed in section 6).
Warnings and precautions
If the hemorrhoidal disorders do not give way in 15 days, it is essential to consult your doctor.
Venous circulation disorders:
This treatment is most effective when combined with a healthy lifestyle.
· Avoid exposure to the sun, heat, prolonged standing, excess weight.
· Walking and possibly wearing adapted stockings promote blood circulation.
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before taking DAFLON 500 mg film-coated tablet.
Other medicines and DAFLON 500 mg film-coated tablet
Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking, have recently taken or might take any other medicines.
DAFLON 500 mg film-coated tablet with food and drink
Pregnancy and breast feeding
If you are pregnant or breast-feeding, think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a baby, ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking this medicine.
As a precaution, it is best to avoid the use of DAFLON during pregnancy.
In the absence of data on the passage of the drug into breast milk, breastfeeding is not recommended for the duration of treatment.
Driving and using machines
DAFLON 500 mg film-coated tablet contains
Venous insufficiency : The recommended dose is 2 tablets per day, one tablet at noon and one tablet in the evening with meals.
Hemorrhoidal crisis : The recommended dose is 6 tablets per day for 4 days, then 4 tablets per day for the next 3 days with meals.
If you take more DAFLON 500 mg film-coated tablet than you should
Immediately consult your doctor or pharmacist.
Data on overdose with DAFLON are limited but reported symptoms include diarrhea, nausea, abdominal pain, pruritus and rash.
If you stop taking DAFLON 500 mg film-coated tablet
Like all medicines, this medicine can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
The frequency of possible side effects listed below is defined using the following system:
· very common (affects more than 1 user in 10)
· common (affects 1 to 10 users in 100)
· uncommon (affects 1 to 10 users in 1,000)
· rare (affects 1 to 10 users in 10,000)
· very rare (affects less than 1 user in 10,000)
· frequency unknown (the available data do not allow to estimate the frequency)
They can include:
Common: diarrhea, dyspepsia, nausea, vomiting.
Rare: dizziness, headache, malaise, rash, pruritus, hives.
Unknown frequency: abdominal pain, isolated swelling of the face, eyelids, lips. Exceptionally, angioedema.
Reporting of side effects
If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor or pharmacist. This also applies to any side effect that is not mentioned in this leaflet. You can also report side effects directly via the national reporting system: National Agency for the Safety of Medicines and Health Products (ANSM) and network of Regional Pharmacovigilance Centers - Website: www.signalement-sante.gouv.fr
By reporting side effects you can help provide more information on the safety of this medicine.
Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children.
Do not use this medicine after the expiry date which is stated on the box. The expiration date refers to the last day of this month.
No special storage conditions.
Do not throw away any medicines via wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist to discard any medicines you no longer use. These measures will help protect the environment .
· The active substances are:
Micronized purified flavonoic fraction .............................................. ............................ 500,000 mg
Corresponding to :
Diosmin 90 percent .............................................. .................................................. .... 450,000 mg
Flavonoids expressed as hesperidin 10 percent ........................................... ................. 50,000 mg
Average humidity ................................................ .................................................. ......... 20,000 mg
For a film-coated tablet.
· The other components are:
Film coating : titanium dioxide (E 171), glycerol, sodium lauryl sulfate, macrogol 6000, hypromellose, yellow iron oxide (E 172), red iron oxide (E 172), magnesium stearate.
This drug is in the form of film-coated tablet. Boxes of 15, 20, 30, 36, 60, 100 or 120 film-coated tablets.
50 CARNOT STREET
92284 SURESNES CEDEX
50 CARNOT STREET
92284 SURESNES CEDEX
SERVIER INDUSTRY LABORATORIES
905 ROUTE DE SARAN
[to be completed later by the holder]
Detailed information on this medicine is available on the ANSM website (France).