PRAC-TIC DOG DOSE 1,1MLX6 in our bio pharmacy
This product is no longer in stock
Warning: Last items in stock!
Availability date:Preview the Shipping Fees - Free Shipping from 99€*
PRAC-TIC DOG DOSE 1,1MLX6
PRAC-TIC description DOG DOSE 1,1MLX6
• Pharmacodynamic properties
Pyriprole is an insecticide and acaricide derived from phenylpyrazole family. It interacts with chloride channels in particular those related to the neurotransmitter gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA), inhibiting the pre- and postsynaptic passage of chloride ions through the cell membrane. This causes a disorder of the central nervous system and death of fleas and ticks. In dogs, the side reactions are associated with neurological signs due to metabolites of the active substance.
Parasites are killed through contact rather than systemically. Pyriprole kills fleas within 24 hours and ticks (Ixodes ricinus, Rhipicephalus sanguineus, Dermacentor reticulatus, Ixodes scapularis, Dermacentor variabilis, Amblyomma americanum) within 48 hours after administration.
Adult fleas are killed before they lay eggs for a minimum of 4 weeks after treatment. Egg production is suppressed, the life cycle of the chip is broken.
• Pharmacokinetic properties:
In dogs, after administration to the skin, pyriprole is slowly absorbed through the skin, and its two main metabolites reach the systemic routes. Pyriprole is rapidly distributed to the dog's coat in one day. It can be found in the coat throughout the processing interval.
- Treatment and prevention of flea infestations (Ctenocephalides canis and C. felis). The efficacy against new flea infestation lasts four weeks minimum.
- Treatment and prevention of tick infestation: Ixodes ricinus, Rhipicephalus sanguineus, Ixodes scapularis, Dermacentor reticulatus, Dermacentor variabilis, Amblyomma americanum. The efficiency against ticks persists 4 weeks.
Directions for use and dosage
Apply the entire contents of the pipette on the skin.
- Treatment and prevention of flea: pyriprole kills fleas within 24 hours after application. One application prevents re-infestation for 4 weeks.
- Treatment and prevention of tick: pyriprole kills ticks within 48 hours after application. Treatment is effective against ticks for 4 weeks.
Administration mode :
Remove the pipette from the box and stand vertically. Tap the top of the pipette tip to ensure that all content is in the body of the pipette. Cut the cap along the dotted lines. Part the coat on the back of the animal between the shoulder blades until the skin. Place the tip of the pipette on the skin and squeeze gently several times at one or two spots to empty the contents onto the skin. Apply the 5 ml pipette to 2-3 spots on the back line of large dogs to prevent runoff.
Dogs: The recommended minimum dose is 12.5 mg / kg pyriprole, 0.1 ml of solution per kg.
|PRAC-tic pipettes |
|2 to 4.5||Very small dogs||0.45|
|> 4.5 to 11||small dogs||1.1|
|> 11-22||medium dogs||2.2|
|> 22-50||large dogs||5.0|
|> 50||Appropriate combination of pipettes|
PRAC-TIC composition DOG DOSE 1,1MLX6
• PRAC-tic 137.5 mg Spot-on for small dogs:
Pyriprole: 137.5 mg
Excipients: 1 pipette of 1.1 ml
Precaution of use
Do not use :
- In puppies under 8 weeks and / or in dogs weighing less than 2 kg
- In patients with known hypersensitivity to phenylpyrazole or any of the excipients,
- On sick (systemic diseases, fever) or sick recovery period.
This medicine has been developed especially for dogs. Do not use in cats, as there is a risk of overdose. Do not use in rabbits.
- In rare cases, these reactions have been observed:
Application site skin reactions and pruritus (itching), change the hair, dermatitis (skin inflammation), erythema (redness), alopecia (hair loss), discoloration of fur and greasy appearance of hair.
Neurological reactions: ataxia (lack of coordination) and convulsions.
systemic reactions: lethargy (sleepiness).
Reactions of the digestive system: vomiting and diarrhea.
These signs are usually transient and disappear within 24 hours after application. If they persist, consult your veterinarian.
- A hypersalivation (drooling) of short time can be observed if the animal licks the application site immediately after treatment. This is not a sign of intoxication and disappears within minutes without treatment. Correct administration minimize licking of the application area.
• Precautions and warnings for the target species:
- Apply only on the skin surface and on intact skin.
Do not administer orally or by any other means.
It is important to apply the product to an area that the dog can not lick and ensure that animals do not lick each other following treatment.
- Weigh precisely dogs before treatment.
- Avoid contact with the eyes of the treated animal.
- After treatment, the ticks will detach from the host within 24 to 48 hours after infestation. Some ticks can however remain attached to the animal. Transmission of infectious diseases by ticks can not therefore be ruled out.
- Avoid excessively wet the coat with the drug because it can give a sticky appearance and matted hair to the point of treatment. However, this will disappear within 24 hours after application.
- It is used against infestations by ticks and adult fleas. All dogs of the house should be treated. If already present massive infestation, the dog's environment must be cleaned and treated with a suitable insecticide.
- Dogs should not receive baths or shampoos during the 48 hours before treatment. Immersions in water and shampoo within 24 hours after treatment may reduce the effectiveness of treatment. However, weekly immersion in water did not affect efficacy against fleas and ticks.
• Special precautions during pregnancy and lactation:
The safety has not been demonstrated in pregnant or lactating bitches or in breeding animals, although no significant effect on reproduction or fetal development has been observed in animal studies.
Do not use during pregnancy or lactation or seek advice from the vet.
Not known. However, it is advisable to consult a veterinarian in case of product use in dogs treated with other products or drugs.
- Slight neurological signs such as mild ataxia and balance disorders were observed in some animals treated once a month at 3 times the maximum recommended dose for 6 consecutive months. These signs disappear within 3 hours after administration.
- In one of the 8 dogs treated repeatedly with 5 times the recommended dose, the following transient adverse effects were observed: tremors, ataxia (lack of coordination), panting and convulsions. These signs lend within 18 hours of administration.
- After a single overdose of 10 times the maximum recommended dose, the following side effects were seen: vomiting, anorexia (loss of appetite), weight loss, muscle tremors, convulsion, balance disorder, difficulty breathing . These effects lend in 48 hours, except for the loss of appetite.
- Administration of a drug overdose will cause a sticky appearance and matted with hair at the application site until 24 hours after application.
- In case of overdose, contact your veterinarian.
• precautions for user:
- As a precaution, people should avoid contact with the treated areas for pets and children should not be allowed to play with treated animals until the application area is dry. It is therefore recommended to treat animals in the evening. Animals from being treated should not be allowed to sleep in the same bed as their owners, especially children.
- People with known hypersensitivity to phenylpyrazole or any of the excipients should avoid contact with the drug.
- Avoid skin contact with the contents of the pipette. Wash hands or any exposed area with soap and water after use. Accidental contact with eyes, rinse thoroughly with water. If eye irritation persists, consult a doctor and show the package insert or label.
- Do not eat, do not smoke or drink when administering the product.
- In case of contact with the product, numbness and irritation of skin and mucous membranes, which usually heal spontaneously, may occur.
PRAC-TIC presentation DOG DOSE 1,1MLX6
• PRAC-tic 137.5 mg Spot-on for small dogs:
Box 2 blisters of 3 pipettes
European authorization EU / 2/06/066/005 of 18/12/06
CIP 679 874.3
Our Pharmacy expert advice
Save time by using the quick order form. With a few clicks , you can easily order your favorite references.
Be fan of our Facebook page and get 5 % discount!
If you are not logged in to Facebook, please first log in and then refresh this page before clicking the Like button. Otherwise, you will not get your voucher.