Nicotinell 7MG 24H 7 PATCHES is indicated for the treatment of tobacco dependence in order to relieve the symptoms of nicotine withdrawal in patients who wish to stop their tobacco use.
Ships in 5-7 business days
Warning: Last items in stock!
Availability date:Preview the Shipping Fees - Free Shipping from 99€*
For warnings, the precautions and cons-indications, please see the instructions.
Nicotinell 7MG 7 PATCHES
Description Nicotinell 7MG 24H 7 PATCHES
Patch Nicotinell 7mg/24h laboratories Novartis is a medicine that contains nicotine, only for adults from 15 years and indicated for the treatment of tobacco dependence in order to relieve the symptoms of nicotine withdrawal in patients wishing to stop their smoking.
- After application of the patch, the nicotine is gradually released and pass into the blood stream via the skin.
- No contact with other harmful substances contained in tobacco smoke (carbon monoxide, tar, stimulants gas ...).
- Nicotine decreases withdrawal symptoms (urgent desire for a cigarette, irritability, moodiness, anxiety, feelings of fear, hunger, weight gain, difficulty concentrating, sleep disorders ...).
Very discreet, Nicotinell Patch 7mg/24h is for early treatment of moderate smokers (including cigarette consumption does not exceed 20 cigarettes per day) or intermediate processing heavy smokers (including cigarette smoking over 20 cigarettes per day). It continually releases (over 24 hours) of nicotine and reduces the urgent desire of the first cigarette in the morning. It helps to stop smoking, reduces the unpleasant effects of deprivation and the craving.
Application advice and opinions on Nicotinell 7MG 24H 7 PATCHES
For adults (from 15 years).
Three sizes of stamps are available: 10, 20 and 30 cm 2 corresponding to 3 different dosages: 7, 14 and 21mg/24heures.
Your level of nicotine addiction will be appreciated by the Fagerström test ( see health education advice ) or the number of cigarettes smoked per day. It allows you to choose the dosage that fits your need.
The dose should be increased if you experience symptoms of "lack". It should be reduced if you experience signs of overdose: reread the chapter on precautions and do not hesitate to ask your pharmacist for advice.
The treatment is divided into three periods:
· Initial period: it lasts 3 to 4 weeks and will allow you to get smoking cessation.
· Monitoring of treatment: this period consolidated smoking cessation and nicotine withdrawal begins
· Therapeutic Withdrawal: this period should allow you to stop treatment.
The entire treatment lasts an average of 3 months
The duration of treatment can vary depending on the individual response.
The total duration of treatment should not exceed 6 months.
Initial phase 3 to 4 weeks
Score of 5 or more test Fargerström
Nicotinell TTS 21 mg/24 hours
Nicotinell TTS 14 mg/24 hours
Nicotinell TTS 7 mg/24 hours
Less than 5 Fagerström test score
Nicotinell TTS 14mg/24 hours
Nicotinell TTS 14 mg/24 hours
Nicotinell TTS 7 mg/24 hours
* According to the results of withdrawal symptoms.
** If satisfactory results.
Composition Nicotinell 7MG 24H 7 PATCHES
1 Nicotinell patch contains 35 mg nicotine - The average release of the active ingredient on the skin is 7 mg/24 h.
A transdermal device (20 cm ²): S (-) Nicotine 35 mg. Excipients: copolymer alkali methacrylate (Eudragit E 100), qs 1 transdermal patch. Outer shell: polyester film. Matrix layer: DuroTak 280-2516, Miglyol 812, Eudragit E 100 Support nonwoven. Paper. Adhesive layer: DuroTak 280-2516, miglyol removable protective sheet 812. Aluminized polyester silicone movie.
Precaution for use with Nicotinell 7MG 24H 7 PATCHES
This medication is against-indicated in the following situations: Non-smoker or occasional smoker; Hypersensitivity to any component; Skin condition that may interfere with the use of a transdermal patch.
Introducing Nicotinell 7MG 24H 7 PATCHES
Box of 7 Patches Nicotinell 7mg/24h.
Our expert advice pharmacy
Warnings and other precautions for use:
- To ensure the best chances of success, the use of this drug should be accompanied by a complete cessation of tobacco use.
- Due to the pharmacological effects of nicotine, some conditions require medical advice and medical monitoring: hepatic and / or renal failure severe; gastric or duodenal ulcer development.
- Nicotine is a toxic substance: Keep this medication out of reach of children. Indeed, the therapeutic dose for adults could cause serious poisoning or death in children.
- It is recommended to fold the patch to itself before throwing.
- If severe or persistent skin reaction, it is recommended to stop the treatment and use a different pharmaceutical form (see Adverse Reactions).
- Experimental studies in several species have shown no teratogenic or foetotoxic effect of nicotine administered continuous flow and that at maternally toxic doses. Under the same conditions of administration, fetal growth retardation is observed at even higher doses in one case, the mice but not in rats or rabbits. Clinically comments yet limited number show no deleterious impact maternal or fetal nicotine used in the indication of smoking cessation.
- Smoking during pregnancy can cause a delay of intra-uterine growth, fetal death in utero of prematurity, an SGA, which seem to correlate with the importance of impregnation smoking as well as the period of pregnancy, because these effects are observed when the tobacco impregnation continues for the third quarter.
- Nicotine provided by substitution treatment is not without deleterious effects on the fetus, as evidenced by the observed hemodynamic consequences. It is however no epidemiological study indicating the real impact of nicotine provided by substitution treatment on the fetus or newborn.
- Pregnant woman should always recommend a complete stop smoking, free treatment to nicotine.
- In case of failure at a heavily dependent patient, smoking cessation is possible with this medication. Indeed, the risk to the fetus in case of continued smoking during pregnancy is likely higher than expected with nicotine replacement therapy, as is superimposed with tobacco exposure to polycyclic hydrocarbons and the carbon monoxide, and since the exposure provided by nicotine replacement therapy is or is not lower than that associated to tobacco consumption.
- The objective is to achieve complete cessation or substitution treatment before the third trimester of pregnancy. Smoking cessation, with or without substitution treatment should not be considered in isolation, but within the framework of a comprehensive care, taking into account the psycho-social context and other addictions possibly associated. It may be desirable to use a consulting firm specializing in smoking cessation.
- In case of partial or complete failure of weaning, continued treatment with a nicotine replacement after the 6th month of pregnancy can not be considered case by case. One should keep in mind the specific effects of nicotine, which may sound on the fetus, especially when near term.
- Given the constant concentrations of nicotine with this form of substitution, breastfeeding is not recommended during treatment with this medicine.
Interaction with other medicinal products and other forms of interaction:
- Tobacco may, by enzyme induction process due to aromatic hydrocarbons, decrease blood levels of certain drugs such as caffeine, theophylline, tricyclic antidepressants, flecainide, pentazocine.
- Stop, let alone brutal, tobacco, especially on the occasion of taking this medicine may increase the concentrations of these active ingredients related to the reversibility of the effect of enzyme induction.
- For drugs with a narrow therapeutic index, such as theophylline, smoking cessation should be accompanied, in addition titration, closely monitored, clinical or biological information with the patient risk of overdose.
- By their specific, cardiovascular, neurological and endocrine pharmacological properties of nicotine may, as tobacco: cause increased levels of cortisol and catecholamines; require a dose adjustment of nifedipine, beta-blockers, insulin; reduce the effect of diuretics; slowing the rate of healing of gastric ulcers by H2 antihistamines; increase the incidence of adverse estroprogestatifs.
- Transdermal nicotine can cause side effects similar to nicotine administered by other modes.
- Systemic side effects: palpitations. Dizziness, headache. Nausea, vomiting. Insomnia, blurred dreamlike.
- Local adverse reactions: erythema and itching at the application site, rarely edema, burning sensation.
- These effects are largely moderate majority and resolve spontaneously soon after system removal.
- If severe or persistent skin reaction, it is recommended to stop the treatment and use another form of nicotine replacement therapy.
- Symptoms such as dizziness some, headache and insomnia may be related to smoking cessation.
- An increase in the occurrence of oral ulcers can occur after smoking cessation. The causal relationship is not clear.
Nicotine overdose can occur if the treated patient had previously very low nicotine intake or if used concomitantly with other treatments for smoking cessation nicotine.
- Overdose symptoms are those of acute nicotine poisoning include nausea, salivation, abdominal pain, diarrhea, sweating, headache, dizziness, loss of hearing and general weakness. At high doses may appear hypotension, weak and irregular pulse, breathing difficulties, prostration, circulatory collapse and convulsions.
- Doses of nicotine tolerated by smoking subjects during treatment can lead to acute poisoning can be fatal in young children.
What to do in case of overdose:
- The administration of nicotine should be discontinued immediately and symptomatic treatment should be initiated.
- Assisted ventilation and oxygen therapy will be undertaken if necessary.
Warnings on drugs
Warning, the drug is not a product like any other. Read the package leaflet before ordering. Do not leave medicines out of reach of children. If symptoms persist, seek the advice of your doctor or pharmacist. Attention to incompatibilities on products in your.
Tell your pharmacist online treatments underway to identify possible incompatibilities. The checkout form contains a custom message field provided for this purpose.
Click here to find record of the drug at the site of the National Security Agency of Medicines and Health Products.
Pharmacovigilance : Report or a related adverse event (s) (s) (s) the use of a drug
Save time by using the quick order form. With a few clicks , you can easily order your favorite references.
Be fan of our Facebook page and get 5 % discount!
If you are not logged in to Facebook, please first log in and then refresh this page before clicking the Like button. Otherwise, you will not get your voucher.